"Anything that looks girly is mine," she told me.

I nodded and she sat the rag down on the desk and proceeded to rummage through the drawers. She started dropping clothes and shoes into the box next to her as I went through the large walk-in closet to find anything that belonged to her. I started grabbing clothes off of hangers and pulled open a chest drawer that was full of underwear and bras. I grabbed as much as I possibly could and left the closet and dropped that stuff into the almost full box. She was looking on top of the desk and throwing lotions and perfumes into the box before she knocked somevthings onto the floor that sounded like metal.

I went over to the window and opened it to let the smell out as she bent down to pick it up, and I heard her gasp like she'd hurt herself. I quickly turned around to see her crying as she covered her mouth and held the burnt spoon and needle in her hand.

"Simone, put it down," I said calmly.

She never even flinched. She continued to hold it and stare at it as I walked towards her slowly. I reached out to grab it from her, and she let me take it from her, but she reached out for it, crying for me to give it back.

"Let me have it," she whimpered.

"No," I said sternly.

I set it down behind me on the desk, and she lunged for it, but I used all the power in me to force her away, and her screeches were piercing.

I grabbed her by the face, covering her mouth shut so that she would be quiet. I lowered her to the floor and hovered above her while she continued to cry to me.

"I can't let you have it, I can't," I said as I felt myself tearing up at her pain.

"Please," she cried, "It's apart of me. Let me-"

"No! No, Simone. I can't do that," I whispered. I wiped her tears gently. "It's not you. That's not you. You can't do that to yourself."

She covered her face and rubbed at her eyes until they were red. We sat on the floor in that position for a while before I finally realized where we were again.

"We need to get out of here. Did you get all your stuff?" I asked her.

She nodded, and I helped her up off the floor.

"Would you help me lift this box?" she asked me in a hoarse voice.

We got ready to lift the box until we heard footsteps from down the hall.

"What the hell?" I heard a man say. Simone and I looked at each like a deer in headlights as we both came to the realization that we were in trouble.

Simone's Pov

Fuck.

I got carried away in my emotions. Again. Now, I'm going to get her caught. Lord knows that she doesn't need this to happen to her too.

I was panicking in my head, trying to figure out a plan. Maybe I should just stay here and take the heat and let her go home.

No, she's too stubborn for that. I looked around the room for somewhere to hide, then I got an idea.

"The window," I whispered to her.

She looked towards the window then back to me before nodding in agreement. We both lifted the box and waddled towards the window as fast as possible. I used all my strength to push the box over the railing that separated the window from midair, and it went tumbling down.

I pushed Kyela forward and commanded for her to go on.

"What are you doing?" she asked me.

"Don't worry about me. I'm gonna hide. You just knocked the ladder down and go. I'll be there in a second," I told her.

"But-"

"Go now!" I whispered harshly.

I left the window open and moved away from it and moved towards the bed. I could hear him coming down the hall.

"Where the hell did I put those papers?" I heard him ask himself. I ducked quickly and pushed my way up under the bed and hoped that he wouldn't look under hear.

I heard the door creak open slowly, and I saw him walk past the bed and straight to the dresser. He began going through the stuff before turning around. He sighed and went over to the window and closed, making me curse to myself.

He left the room and turned the light off, leaving me alone in the dark. I waited until I couldn't hear him anymore to get out from under the bed and go over to the window. I was trying to lift it up, but it seemed like he had shut it too tight. I strained to try and lift it until I got it and pulled it up. Then the lights came on.

Ah, cliffhangers. I love them. Remember to vote, comment, and share (even though it's only 3 chapters left!).

I went to school only two days this week, so I have some time on my hands. Enjoy!

mickeythemoonwalker ♡