CHAPTER NINE

Jorge flew the burg to where they were going to meet the boys at. Once the burg was on the ground, they opened it and Brenda, Jorge, and Juliet ran out to see if the boys were there. Juliet's worries grew when she didn't see them and she covers herself when a loud explosion happens near them.

"We can't stay here, Bren." Jorge shook his head, looking at Brenda. "Don't worry. They'll be here."

"Give me one of the serums. I'll go find them." Juliet said, turning to Brenda, Jorge, and Frypan who moved to stand beside them to see what was happening.

"What? You can't go out there alone." Brenda told her. "And how are you gonna know where to find them?"

"I have a feeling that Newt isn't gonna make it here without the serum so just give it to me so I can find them." Juliet demanded, wanting to try and save Newt. "And I'm sure they're somewhere nearby now."

Brenda shared hesitant looks with Jorge before she looks back at Frypan, asking him to get one of the serums. Frypan goes back into the burg and then walks over to Juliet a few seconds later, handing her a small syringe that had the serum in it.

Juliet smiled at him. "Thank you."

Frypan nods, giving her a small smile. "Go save Newt. And be careful."

Juliet nods and then takes off running.

****

Juliet stopped running when she heard Teresa's voice over the speakers. "Thomas? Can you hear me? I need you to listen to me."

Juliet furrowed her eyebrows, wondering what was so important that Teresa needed to use the speakers. "I know you have no reason to trust me..." Teresa said. "but I need you to come back. Thomas, you can save Newt. There's still time for him. There's a reason Brenda isn't sick anymore. It's your blood."

"Do you understand? She isn't sick..because you cured her. She doesn't have to be the only one." Teresa continued. "All you have to do is come back. And this will all finally be over. I know you'll do the right..."

Her voice trailed off as the speakers was turned off and the light posts around Juliet was turned off. Juliet was surprised to hear that Thomas' blood is the reason Brenda isn't sick anymore and she wondered if he will go back to Teresa.

Juliet shakes her head and continues running to find Thomas and Newt. She eventually spots Thomas and Newt in an open area and it looked like the Crank side of Newt had taken over and was fighting Thomas. Thomas had managed to take the knife away from Newt before Newt could hurt him and that's when he noticed Juliet running towards them with the syringe in her hand. His eyes grew wide and a relieved smile tugged on his lips.

He dropped the knife on the ground, kicking it away from them so Newt couldn't grab it. He looks at Newt when the blonde boy stopped fighting with him and smiled, realizing that Newt had slowly fade back to himself.

Newt looks surprised and confused at what just happened and starts apologizing to Thomas. "Tommy. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Newt. Everything's okay." Thomas reassured him, bringing him into a hug while he notices Juliet sneaking up to them. He locks eyes with her, nodding for her to do it now. Juliet nods and then injects the serum into Newt's neck. Newt's body goes limp in Thomas' arms as Juliet lets out a sigh of relief, glad that it worked.

She glanced over her shoulder when she hears footsteps to see Brenda, Minho, and Gally. She noticed Gally had brought an extra syringe full of serum just in case the one Juliet had didn't work.

Minho and Thomas carried Newt back to the burg and set him down gently once they arrived. Juliet was so relieved that the serum worked for Newt and that she got there in time. She couldn't believe that Newt could've died if she didn't get there in time.