07. {school dance}

Start from the beginning

"shit." johnny swore as he pulled miguel up by his hair.

"i've been drowning." miguel choked out.

"drowning is for pussies, all right?" johnny stated, "you hear that? come up sushi!"

gioia began kicking her way up to the surface. the second she reached the top, the girl began heavily gasping for hair, "my skin is burning."

"don't be a pussy." johnny ignored her, "use your legs."

miguel was dropped back into the water, clearly being unable to swim - the boy sunk right under.

"should've asked him if he knew how to swim." johnny muttered to himself.

"sensei." gioia coughed violently, "miguel clearly cannot swim and i cannot breathe.

"you can swim?" he asked, she nodded, "use your legs then!" he reached over and pulled miguel up once again.

"please. not again, i'll die." miguel begged.

"cobra kai never dies." johnny stated, "say it."

"say it like your life depends on it." johnny ordered, "speak up, sushi."

"cobra kai never dies!" the duo yelled in sync.

"now, i'm not gonna help you this time, all right?" johnny told his male student, "all right, you have all the power in your legs you need. use it to kick your way up. do you understand?"

"yes, sensei." miguel nodded before johnny released him.

gioia crossed her fingers and her friend decended down the water, she was able to stay afloat while using johnny's tips.

"come on, come on." johnny muttered to himself, "come on, come on."

miguel popped up form the water with a loud gasp, making the blonde girl smile.

"yes, that's it!" johnny cheered for him, "keep kicking."

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"thank you mamma." gioia smiled at her mother before unlocking the car door.

"have a good night." her mother spoke through the unrolled car window, "i'll see you at home."

gioia saluted at her mother with white gloves covering his palms. she began walking into the school and towards the hall, tapping her white sheep staff as she walked.

she was quite late to the dance and was wearing a blue dress, the skirt part very puffy. a blue bonnet hat was perched on top of her head and the girl had thin red lipstick plastered on her rosy cheeks.

gioia strolled into the hall, going through a mist of fog, immediately being greeted with the sound of loud music and the smell of sweaty teens. she searched around the room for her friends, admiring the small lights all around.

"hey guys." she greeted the three boys at the punch table.

"little bo peep, how... original." demetri nodded in approval.