"That's not true." He gives me a look. "I've told you already - me and Cindy are friends. You know I'm an only child."

Oh, great, here comes the only child bullshit, again.

"I see her like a sister... a sister I never had. That's all she is to me. We're just good friends."

Sister my ass. I lick my lips and grit my teeth, not believe a word he says.

"I love you, Rosie. I'm not cheating on you."

"Well, that's how it looks."

"To you it looks like that, but you're getting it twisted, and I know you don't like her. I'm telling you the truth right now."

I roll my eyes and look away from him.

"I am really sorry..." He says softly.

I take a deep breath and glance at him, seeing the sad expression on his face.

"I feel like shit too. I'm so hungover."

"Good." I scoff.

He let's out a little laugh and runs his hand through his hair.

"My Dad went crazy at me this morning, which didn't help my hangover, but I guess I deserved it."

My face softens and I raise my eyebrows.

"He did?"

"Yeah. He asked where you were, and I told him I didn't know... He went off about how I should treat you better."

A small smile forms in the corner of my mouth.

"He said I needed to see you and apologise."

"So, that's why you're apologising? Because your Dad told you to."

"No." He sighs. "Well, partly, but I was going to see you and apologise anyway. I'm sorry for not waiting for you when we went to Denzel's, and I'm sorry for not paying you attention at the party."

I nod my head and look down at the floor.

"I want to take you out for somethin to eat."

I look at him and raise my eyebrow.

"To apologise properly." He shows a little smile.

"Did your Dad tell you to take me out for dinner too?"

"No." He gives me a look. "We don't have to go out. We can get a takeaway? Your choice."

I give him a look and tuck my hair behind my ear.

"No, we can go out somewhere." I shrug. "As long as you book the most expensive restaurant."

"Oh, I was thinking McDonalds." He smirks.

"Then you can think again." I raise my eyebrows.

"Alright, fancy restaurant it is." He smiles. "We can go back to mine after and watch a movie."

"Ok..." I show a little smile. "I'll go get ready."

"I'll pick you up in a couple of hours." He leans in to kiss me on the lips, but I turn my head and he kisses me on the cheek.

I'm still not completely happy with him, and this doesn't mean that we're ok, so he can't just kiss me like everything is fine. He isn't fully forgiven. Although, I shouldn't be forgiving him at all...

****

I look up from the menu to look at Jacob, and see he's texting away on his phone. I sigh and place the menu down. He's been glued to his phone since we got to this restaurant...