Chapter 2: Cheat

The next morning I arrive home to an empty house. My Mom and my Stepdad are probably at work. Neither of them called or text me to ask where I was last night, and I've had one drunk text from Jacob, just one, asking where I went... I'm surprised he even noticed I left the party. He hasn't tried to contact me since.

I pretty much cried all night last night. Ella tried to comfort me and cheer me up by ordering pizza, but it didn't work. I'm lucky to have her as a friend, and I didn't want to be alone after being so upset over Jacob.

I take a long shower and change into my pyjamas. I know it's the afternoon, but I really don't care. I just want to hide away. I get into bed and pull the duvet over my head with tears slowly rolling down my cheeks.

I lay there for a while, until I hear the doorbell ring. I sniff and wipe my eyes, and then hear it ring again. I pull the duvet off and keep quiet, but it rings again. Who ever it is isn't giving up. Is it Jacob? No. He's probably still sleeping and recovering from his hangover. I really don't want to answer it, but they keep ringing. I sigh and get out of bed, heading down to the front door.

I take a deep breath and wipe my eyes before slowly opening the front door. I'm surprised to see Jacob standing there... but I'm so angry and upset, so I go to shut the door on him. I don't want to see him, or speak to him right now.

"Rosie." He frowns and puts his hand on the door to stop it from closing.

"What do you want?" I give him a look.

"To see if you're ok. Where did you go last night?"

I scoff and shake my head.

"Do you even care? You didn't care when I was there, so what does it matter?"

He sighs and shakes his head.

"What are you talking about?"

"What am I talking about?!" I laugh.

He's making me so angry right now.

"You blanked me all night last night! It was as if I wasn't there."

"I was having a good time celebrating with the guys! Of course I knew you were there, but we didn't have to be clinging onto each other all night."

"You didn't mind clinging onto Cindy, though." I scoff and fold my arms.

"What?" He makes a face. "Here we go with the Cindy shit, again." He sighs.

"I saw you flirting with each other in the kitchen, Jacob!" I raise my voice and start to tear up. "She was touching you, and you were both whispering into each others ear."

"I wasn't whispering in her ear! The music was loud, so I spoke closer to her ear so she could hear me."

"Right." I roll my eyes.

"I came to apologise, Rosie. I'm sorry you felt like that, but I wasn't intentionally blanking you."

"You really upset me. The only thing you said to me last night was "hey, babe" and that was it. I'm not saying you should have stayed by my side the whole night, I'm just saying you could have at least made it look like I was your girlfriend. You didn't touch me, kiss me, and you barely looked at me! I had Terrell offering to get me a drink, when it should have been you."

"Alright, I fucked up! I'm trying to say I'm sorry." He sighs. "I just got carried away with the guys."

"And what about Cindy?"

"What about her?" He makes a face.

"I'm not stupid, Jacob!" I frown. "You're always laughing with each other, and she's always touching you. You pay her more attention than you do me."