2 a.m.

⚠️TW: EATING DISORDER⚠️

[3rd person narrating]

It was 2a.m. and Betty was sitting in the bathroom, next to the toilet, she had just forced herself to throw up. The floor was cold, but she was lost in her own thoughts. It has been 1 year, since her mother kicked her out of the house. the reason? her 17-year-old "perfect daughter" had just told her she was pregnant; Betty remembers that moment so well, she had known about the baby for 2 month and she wasn't planning on telling her at all, but the belly was getting bigger and she couldn't hide it anymore, she had no other choice, her mother didn't want to hear from her from that day. 5 months later Betty gave birth to Juliet, her daughter. She was born from a caesarean section 2 months earlier than she should have, because otherwise she would have died. Betty remembers the first time she held her in her arms, she was so little, her eyes were closed, and when she felt her mother's touch she smiled and and opened her ocean eyes... Jughead's ocean eyes.

[BETTY'S POV] 

The memory got interrupted when someone softly knocked at the door bringing me back to the present. "Baby? Are you okay? It's 2 in the morning" Jughead's voice from the other side of the door was sleepy but worried at the same time; I didn't know what to answer, for a second I wanted to tell him that I'm not okay, I was far away from being okay, that I have just thrown up what I had forced myself to eat for dinner, that it has been 2 months since I hadn't eaten properly without throwing up, I wanted him to know how ugly I'm feeling, how could he still look at me with that baby fat still here, the fact that I can't see myself in the mirror without thinking I need to lose weight, I really wanted him to know. "Baby?" Jughead said again from the other side of the door. "yeah, yeah, I'm fine" was everything that came out of my mouth. I knew my voice was shaking, and I hoped he wouldn't notice, but I knew he did when he softly opened the door and looked at me.

[JUGHEAD'S POV]  

She was sitting on the floor and she turned around with teary eyes. "Betty..." I said softly half-closing the door behind me, she didn't say anything. I sat down next to her and held her in my arms, she put her head on my shoulder and whispered "I'm not okay Jug..." I felt tears on my shirt so I took her head in my hands and wiped away her tears "Don't cry, baby, please, tell me what's wrong" she looked at me "How can you look at me?" "Betts what do you" "Because I'm ugly, and I'm fat. And I don't know how you can look at me because I can't" –she interrupted me- and she took her head in her hands. I held her hands and she looked at me, I softly kissed her "You so beautiful." "You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen" then I picked her up and carried her to our bad like she was a baby, she giggled when I put her down to her bed "That's the smile that I love" she sat up and stared at her, she was wearing a black sweatshirt of mine which was too big for her, and no pants, she only sleeps with her underwear, she had her blonde hair in a messy bun, gosh I love her so much. "Why are you staring at me like that?" "I was just appreciating you." she blushed and looked down, I looked back at her I was serious "How long has this been going on?" she looked back at me as her smile faded, she didn't answered, "Baby, I know it's hard, but please, talk to me, we're gonna get through it together, but now I need you, I need my Betty back, and Juliet needs you. So please, talk to me." she took a deep shaky breath "2 months" "2 MONTHS?" "Betty, baby, why didn't you tell me?" "I didn't want to bother you, and I didn't think it was a big deal." "Betts...look at me, you could never bother me, never. You know I'm always here, whenever you need me. I love you. So much." "How can you? I'm so fat, and ugly, and" "You know. Do you think butterflies are beautiful?" "Yes" she answered confused laying down on the bed "Well, they can't see their beautifulness, but everybody else does." then I lifted her sweatshirt uncovering the belly and kissed it a little smile appeared on her face I looked at her in the eyes, I lowered my hand until I touched her scar, that of the birth, and her smile dropped. I laid next to her and took her in my arms "Scars tell our story. You shouldn't be ashamed of them" she sighted and whispered "I love you, Jug" I held her a little tighter "I love you too Betts. We're gonna figure things out, I promise. But for now, try to sleep a little bit" "okay but if Juliet wakes up you go check on her this time" her sleepy voice was so cute "Of course I will"

Thank you so much for reading this, I really hope you liked it. ❤️ this is my first story so... idk what to say.

requests for others one-shots are open 👩🏼‍💻