༓☾ Kaeya ☽༓・

Title : Have You Ever Been In Love?
Warning : Slight angst
Pairing : Kaeya x Reader

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚❄˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Have you ever been in love?

That question has been inside of her head begging to be let out to a certain someone.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, sweetheart. Busy times."

The silvery voice of the Calvary Captain made her heart beat fast as he closed the door he just got out from. Just from the looks, he's the man that can make any lady swoon over him with just a playful smirk. Adding his playful and social nature, he's the most popular in today's society of Mondstadt. Even the elderly people of Mondstadt gave him the title 'The top candidate for grandson-in-law'.

And Ellie, who just became a member of the Knights of Favonius is no exception. Surely, she had been dying to join the Knights because she admired the Acting Grandmaster Jean. And now that she is one, she's currently working under Captain Kaeya. But it's not the fault of hers that she fell for charming Cavalry Captain along the way.

"I'm starving. Should we get something to eat first before we begin?" Kaeya asked as he smiled at the girl.

Earlier, Ellie asked Kaeya if he could tutor her a bit so she could be a responsible knight. And perhaps, maybe she could be working side by side with Jean one day. Kaeya promised Ellie to teach her about the rules, some tricks, terms and conditions of working under him in the Knights of Favonius. They agreed on today. To Kaeya, this is just a simple task of responsibility. But to Ellie, her stomach flutters every time she sees his face.

"Of course! I also haven't had dinner yet." Ellie replied.

From the headquarters, they made their way to Good Hunter to get something to eat. It's pretty quiet in the evening but a bit crowded, to say the least. Both of them ordered and sat together on a table at Good Hunter.

"So, what do you want to ask?" Kaeya started the conversation.

"Oh, I uh... Um…" Ellie's face fell a little bit warm as the Captain's eyes (or perhaps eye ⚫👄👁️ ) look into hers.

"It seems like you admire the Acting Grandmaster a lot huh?" Kaeya teased, "Well, wouldn't it be better if you ask the Acting Grandmaster alone?"

"I! No sir! I mean… yes. I do admire Acting Grandmaster Jean a lot, but now I'm a knight under The Knights of Favonius, working under you so I thought it might be better if you're the one giving me the explanation." Ellie can feel her hands cold because of her nervousness.

"Fair enough. Have you read the book of terms and conditions that I gave you?"

"Yes sir! I read them all." Ellie replied enthusiastically.

"Hm. Didn't expect you to read them all through that thick book but that's alright. Good girl." Kaeya put on a playful smirk. Ellie blushed and look down, trying to hide away the embarrassment.

"Don't… say it like that, captain."

"I'm not wrong though, Am I?" Kaeya chuckled, "Shall we move to another place? It's getting crowded now that it's dinner time for Mondstadt."

"It seems so. Shall we?"

"Okay then. I know a place." Kaeya offered.

The moon has never been so bright now that Ellie's on top of the Knights of Favonius' rooftop. The cold wind of night blew through her ponytail, making it sweep left and right.

Kaeya gazed up upon the clear night sky, smiling.

"So, shall we start the lesson?"

"Yes sir!"

***

"And that's it." Kaeya ended his explanation, "You don't have a vision, do you?"

"Unfortunately, no," Ellie replied.

"But you fight well, you'll do fine. Just like you did before when you come at me should do the trick." Kaeya gave a few claps before putting one of his hand on his chin and mumbled, "Though it will be better if you have a vision."

"Really? Thank you Captain Kaeya!" Said Ellie, "Now I'm all worn out."

"Great job for today, Ellie. Just remember the battle trick that I gave you next time you join my party outside of Mondstadt." Kaeya smiled as he compliments Ellie. Ellie couldn't help but feel her cheeks heat up once again and heart beating faster.

"We can rest here for a bit. We can see pretty much all of the city from up here." Kaeya looked down and Ellie followed his gaze.

The wind blew through them, sweeping Kaeya's dark turquoise locks. Ellie could not help but stare in awe. How can this man be so beautifully charming?

Kaeya noticed this and smiled back at her. Ellie can just feel her heart pounding so loud against her chest.

The question that has been in the back of her head finally slipped before her mouth,

"Have you ever been in love?"

Kaeya was caught off guard for a split second after hearing the question but quickly recovered.

"Oh? What's this? Are you interested in me so much now?" Kaeya's playful demeanour jumped out.

"Oooh! Ah! Erm… it's just… it's weird, that… someone like you never catches any feelings when almost every people you flirt within Mondstadt catch feelings for you." Ellie blurted out.

"Oh, you're quite the honest one, aren't you? I like that." Kaeya chuckled, or rather, trying to change the topic. He patted Ellie's head while giving her his authentic smirk™.

"Sir Kaeya! Please take me seriously. You can't toy with people's feelings like that!"

"Bold. I like that." Kaeya pulled his hand away, folding them back into the walls he was leaning in.

After a moment of silence, Kaeya finally answered.

"I have." Kaeya looked down at the city. Inside his head, flashing the memories of you.

"Really? Who?" Ellie was dying to know as soon as she heard the answer.

"... An old friend." He closed his eye as if remembering how your face looked like. Not wanting to answer anything more than that since he kept his secrets, and you, close to his heart.

"You're getting quite nosy now huh? But I'll let this slip. It's already late and I still got some visiting to do." Kaeya cut off the topic right here right now.

Ellie's head is now filled with a bunch of possibilities of who the Calvary Captain fell in love with. Is it the Acting Grandmaster Jean? But they're not 'old friend'. Even though if it was, Ellie won't even stand a chance to compete with that.

An old friend? Maybe… the one he fell in love with has gone? Ellie kept overthinking.

"Come on. It's time to leave. We're not frozen in place after all."