Sensing Michael's darkness [Michael Langdon X reader]

Start from the beginning

You sensed a darkness from him that no light could ever cleanse in that fleeting, gentle touch that shook you to the core. Your common sense didn't whisper, but screamed: Evil! Every fiber of your being shook and bent under the dark energy that surged through you before he broke the kiss.

You were not religious, not really. Your parents were but they never forced their beliefs onto you. You wondered what they'd say if they saw, and felt, what you did.

You needed time.

Your feelings for him didn't change, only seemed to grow stronger if anything, but you couldn't face him until you figure things out. So you ran away from him and that was the start of your personal hell. The worst part of it? You missed him and worried about him more than you focused on the thinking you planned on doing.

----------

"Michael, what happened? Did you two fight? Come on, go inside. I'm sure she will want to talk to you," you heard your mother's gentle voice urging your boyfriend inside the house. You jumped from your bed and rushed to the stairs. "No, mom!" You shouted but it was too late. He was already standing under the stairs. He looked absolutely broken hearing your words.

You turned on your heels and went back to your room but before you could close the door, he stuck his foot inside. He let out a pained whimper as you slammed the door on it accidentally. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" You fretted over him, leading him to sit on your bed.

"No," he said but you had a feeling he wasn't responding to what you've asked him about. And the look on his face only confirmed it. He was looking at you so betrayed and hurt you felt like the worst human being in history. You just wanted to hug him and pull him close and apologize over and over again in between kisses. But the cold shivers that run down your spine at the image reminded you why you avoided him in the first place. You averted your gaze from him.

"[Y/n], have I... have I done something wrong?" His voice was higher than usually, you noted, hoarse as if he was screaming before. You bit your lip to compose yourself. "No, no you haven't," you responded softly, swallowing the lump in your throat. He took a deep breath as if a weight was lifted from him. "Then why are you doing this?" He blurted out. He took your hand into his. You let him, even allowed him to lace your fingers together. He seemed to relax seeing you don't mind if he touches you. To your surprise your skin didn't feel like it's burning. Only his soothing heat warmed your skin.

"Babe please talk to me. Why are you avoiding me? You ignore all my calls and messages and run away when I try to talk to you," he sniffed helplessly. You bit your tongue hard enough to draw blood to stop the tears from falling. It was true, all of that and it was killing you just as much as it did him. And now that you've experienced again just how good he was to you, you felt foolish to ever doubt his intentions with you. "You won't even look at me," he whispered in broken voice. That did it. You raised your eyes to his face.

He was so hurt and vulnerable but so beautiful. You raised your free hand to his cheek and he leaned into your touch so hungrily it made you smile softly. You brushed his hair gently, watching as he seemed to relax further under your touch. But there was still a lot of tension in him. "Please talk to me," he said lowly with eyes closed as you played with his messy hair, "don't shut me out." He pleaded, more tears escaped his eyes and you stroked them away quickly with a sigh.

"I'm sorry. It hurt me too." Was all you said as first tears finally rolled down your cheeks. "Then why?" He asked, wiping your tears like you did for him. You took a shaky breath. "I got scared," you explained with a small shy smile. He tilted his head, eyes widening in fear slightly. "Scared? Of me?" He wanted to pull away but you didn't let him, your grip on his hand getting stronger. "I don't know," you told him honestly and he calmed, waiting for your explanation.

"When we kissed," you said, all the warm memories flooded your mind - but the underlying darkness soon overtook them, "I felt something. I've seen something I didn't want to and I don't know why. I just got scared." You remembered it so vividly and clearly you couldn't imagine it. But it seemed so unreal when you had him close again now.

He turned away. It looked like he knew what you were talking about. Only he knew something you didn't. "Michael..." you called out his name softly and he turned to you again. "Who are you?" It came out as an exhale more than actual question. You didn't want to scare him away, somehow it seemed like this was harder for him than it was for you. And you would support him through this whole ordeal. You weren't afraid anymore now that he was here with you and he was the same he's always been. You were simply curious, maybe morbidly so, and love drunk.

He shook his head, biting his lip. His breathing got quicker and more tears escaped his eyes as he was fighting against himself. It felt like he could break down any second. You launched forward and pulled him into a tight hug. "It's alright, Michael, it's alright. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to - or can't, or whatever." You muttered, kissing the top of his head softly. No visions came. No upsettling images. You smiled and did it again.

"If I said I was yours, would it be enough?" He trembled in your hold, stuttering the words into your shoulder, too afraid to look up to see the rejection in your eyes. You chuckled and pulled away, lifting his head up to look at you. "It would. As long as you promise to tell me one day?" You didn't push and kept your tone light.

He exhaled deeply, falling forward and resting your forehead against yours. "I don't deserve you." He sniffled. You chuckled and kissed his nose playfully. "Oh sweetie, we've been over this already and I think we agreed that the world doesn't deserve either of us? Because we're perfect for each other and no one else?" You reminded him, looking into his reddened eyes. He laughed and the sweet sound made all the butterflies in your stomach take off. "You're right. We'll be the ultimate power couple when we grow up," he grinned smugly. "Exactly," your smile matched his as you pulled him into your second kiss.

This time the only images that run through your mind were your own creations and you couldn't wait till all of them come true one by one.