17

from simon
are you fucking joking me?

ivy furrowed her eyebrows, glaring at the message pop up at the top of her screen whilst she replied to some emails. she could not quite understand what she had done wrong? what could he possibly be so angry about it?

to simon
what are you talking about?

nervously awaiting his response, her legs felt extremely restless, no longer able to get comfy in her own bed.

from simon
you didn't have the decency to tell me that one of my mates tried to kiss you?

and it instantly came back to her, remembering how she could not bring herself to tell simon. ivy thought it would spark unnecessary arguments, she knew cal was drunk and he made a mistake. she forgave him. but what annoyed her more about the message staring her straight in the face was the fact simon referred to cal as one of his mates, when he was also one of ivy's.

to simon
one of our* mates and i'm not arguing with you over text

she sighed and switched on 'do not disturb', not wanting to pay attention to the irrelevant blabbering he was messaging her with, it was not worth it over text message either. only the previous day was he caressing her cheek, explaining how he still had feelings for her and now it felt as though he was trying to pick an argument with her.

ivy had not given herself chance to think about what happened between her and simon, making herself busy as soon as she walked through the front door. but seeing his name peer on her phone only made her mind race. his words etched her brain, 'i'm not over you'. how could he not be? simon had girls drooling over him daily, intently watching his videos or streams and ivy often thought about how beautiful the other girls in the industry were, he could probably get them so easily.

even though they were no longer together, ivy felt a peculiar warmth around him and he brought her peace without realising it. it was as though she had been waiting the last two years to be reunited with him, maybe it was right person, wrong time? the memory of their breakup played constantly, remembering when she crumbled under his embrace, sighing out the softest sorry whilst sobbing because she felt guilty for things not working out. but she urged herself to remember that they did not work out for a reason, it came to an end for both of their sake's.

blasting music through the speaker beside her, she was reminded of how much she despised silence since her breakup. after constantly being surrounded by guys screaming and yelling or blaring tunes, silence only made her miss simon more. the thought of being trapped alone with her feelings filled her with dread and now that she was thinking about him too much, she demanded a distraction.

"fucking hell, ivy!" sage barged into ivy's room, yelling at her over the music, "i'm streaming soon and all i can hear is your music, what even is this shite?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

huffing, ivy slowly turned the music down, staring up at her friend with a frustrated expression, "linkin park." she mumbled.

"well, it's loud."

"well, i'm sad." ivy sighed, shuffling her body up the headboard.

"why?" sage cocked her head, "what happened with simon?" she questioned, perching herself on the edge of ivy's bed.

"erm, well -"

"fuck me, ivy! turn it down." esme raised her voice over the music, arms folded whilst she stood sternly in ivy's doorway.

"i have turned it down!" ivy shouted back.

"well, turn it down more!"

"fucking hell." she grumbled, pausing the music altogether, "happy now?"