CHAPTER EIGHT!

Baymax saved them by getting everyone out of the car, and above water. Nina laid on Baymax between Fred and Hiro, trying to catch her breath as Honey looked at them with a smile.

"I told you we would make it!" She exclaimed.

"You're injuries require my attention. Your body temperatures are low." Baymax stated.

"We should get out of here." Hiro suggested.

"I know a place." Fred said.

They walked a few blocks to Fred's mansion. Nina was really regretting not bringing a jacket because she was freezing cold now, but at least she wasn't the only one.

"Where are we?" Gogo asked as Fred walked up to the front door.

"Fred!" Hiro whispered-yelled, not thinking this was his house. "W-where are you going?"

"Oh!" Fred realized and open his arms wide, gesturing to his house. "Welcome to mi casa."

He grins. "That's french for 'front door'."

"It's really not." Honey said while Nina shook her head.

"Listen, nitwit." Gogo said and it was obvious she was angry. "A lunatic in a mask just tried to kill us. I'm not in the mood for any..."

The door suddenly opened revealing a butler. "Welcome home, Mr. Fredrick."

"Heathcliff, my man!" Fred exclaimed while everyone stared in shock. "Come on, guys. We'll be safe here."

Fred fist bumped Heathcliff before walking inside with the others following him.

They walked inside, surprised at how fancy everything was. "Freddie, this is your house?" Honey asked as she looked around with awe.

"I thought you lived under a bridge." Gogo commented.

Nina chuckles. "I didn't think that, but I definitely didn't think you lived in a mansion."

"Well, technically it belongs to my parents." Fred exclaimed as they walked down a hallway that had pictures hung up on the wall. "They're on a vacay on a family island."

"You know we should totally go sometime. Frolic." Fred suggested.

"If we there isn't a lunatic in a mask trying to kill us, then I'm up for it." Nina smiled.

Fred grins as he pointed at her. He then clapped his hands and the door in front of them automatically opened. Nina's eyes widened along with the others as they looked at all of the superhero stuff.

"You gotta be kidding me." Gogo groaned.

"If I wasn't just attacked by a guy in a kabuki mask, I think this would be the weirdest thing I've seen today." Wasabi commented as he stared at a painting on the wall that was of Fred, but he was on a tiger that had wings. Nina nodded in agreement.

Nina looked over to see Hiro sit down at a table, drawing on a piece of paper. She walked over to him. "Watcha drawing?" She asked him as she crossed her arms, trying to get some warmth back in her body.

"A symbol." Hiro replied, not looking up as he drew.

"Your body temperature is still low." Baymax stated.

"Yeah. Uh-huh." Hiro said.

Nina raises her eyebrows and Hiro stopped drawing when Baymax laid on Hiro. The part of the inside was red and she laid on Baymax near his right arm. She let out a content sigh, immediately feeling warmer whenever she touched Baymax. "This is great."

Fred then ran over to lay on Baymax. "Ah! It's like spooning a warm marshmallow."

Soon Honey, Wasabi, and Gogo came over to lay on Baymax to get warm while Hiro continued to draw.

"Does this symbol mean anything to you guys?" Hiro showed everyone his drawing.

"Yeah! It's a bird!" Fred exclaimed and Nina rolled his eyes.

"No! The guy in the mask was carrying something with this symbol on it." Hiro said as he stood up along with everyone else and Nina nodded. "I remember seeing that."

"Apprehending the man in the mask will improve Hiro's emotional state." Baymax stated.

Gogo raises an eyebrow. "Apprehend him?" She scoffed. "We don't even know who he is!"

"I have a theory!" Fred exclaimed with a grin on his face.

Oncec everyone was dried off, they gathered in the living room area of the room and Nina decided on sitting on the couch next to Honey.

Fred handed some of them comic books while explaining who the guy in the mask on the comic book was. "Oh, just get to the point!" Gogo exclaimed.

"Don't you guys get it?" Fred asked. "The man in the mask who attacked us is none other than...viola! Alistair Krei!" He exclaimed as he turned on the tv showing Alistair Krei.

"What?" Hiro's eyes widened as he stood up.

"Think about it!" Fred said. "Krei wanted your microbots, and you said no." Hiro walked towards to the tv, staring in disbelief. "But rules don't apply to a man like Krei." Fred said.

"There's no way. That guy is too high profile." Hiro shook his head.

"Then who was the guy in the mask?" Honey asked.

"I-I don't know." Hiro stammered as he laid the comic book he had on the table. "We don't know anything about him."

Everyone looks over at Baymax when he starts listing off things about Krei. Hiro rushed over to him. "Baymax, you scanned him?"

A screen of the guy in the mask and some data about him appeared on Baymax's stomach. "I am programmed to acess everyone's healthcare needs."

Hiro grins. "Yes! I can use the data from your scan to find him."

"Uh, you'd have to scan everyone in San Fransoyko." Gogo pointed out. "That might take, I don't know, forever."

"No, no, no, no, I...I just gotta look for another angle." Hiro walked towards the shelf that was near the tv which held all of Fred's action figures. He grabbed one of the robots. "Got it, I'll just scan the whole city at the same time. I just have to upgrade Baymax's sensors."

He then looked at the superhero action figures and an idea formed in his head. He looked around at the others. "Actually, if we're going to catch this guy, I'm going to need to upgrade all of you."

"Um, what?" Nina asked, looking at him with wide eyes.

"Yeah, upgrade who now?" Wasabi questioned, starting at Hiro as if he was crazy.

"Those who suffer a loss require support from friends and loved ones." Baymax stated while excitement basically radiated off of Fred.

He let out an excited laugh. "I like where this is heading!"

"We can't go against this guy! We're nerds!" Wasabi exclaimed.

"Hiro, we want to help," Honey tells Hiro. "But we're just us." 

"No." Hiro shook his head as he stepped on the couch where he was sitting before, staring at a superhero poster. "You can be way more."

Gogo stood up. "Tadashi Hamada was our best friend. We're in." She told Hiro as the others stood up, nodding in agreement.

Hiro glances over at Nina who rolled her eyes with a smile on her face as she stood up. "Tadashi was like an older brother to me. You should already know I'm in."

Hiro smiles at her and then looked back at the poster, putting his hands on his hips. "Can you feel it? You guys, do you feel this?" Fred asked excitedly.

"Our origin story begins." Fred grins. "We're gonna be superheros!"