Kill me? I'd like to see you try

One more night, one more day, another night of the same routine. Hunting, prowling, spying, threats, fights. But now paranoia has been added. Every corner I turn, every area I enter, every alley I prowl and every creak in the night I hear I wait for Santos to appear and do god knows what. I don't know what he wants. I don't know what I want him to want. Do I believe that he never died and just wants to be with me again, but how could I take someone back who has lied to me for so many years. What if he hates me for wanting him to die and wants to kill me.  What if he did die and somehow came back and now is worse than before and is going to torture me slowly. I don't know and for the first time I'm scared. I am never in the dark, I always know what's happening around me and with Santos being out there somewhere I have no idea what may come every time I turn a corner and wake up in the morning. I was terrified because everything was uncertain and walking around my home turned into a stupid mission.

I give up now its been a week since Santos has called. And nothing unusual has happened. I can't live my life like this, what if it wasn't him and just someone I knew once, who hated me (lets face it there are a lot of people i have pissed off in my life) and was trying to get back at me. I have no idea but i can't sit around waiting for something to happen. My life is going to continue and if Santos comes then i will decide what to do and not a second before that event happens.

Out at a grubby off street bar I sat in a back corner drinking rum and coke ( the classiest drink served here) The seats were torn there was writing over the tables. Death threats, confessions and just bored scribbles and engravings covered every square inch of the table and wall. Why did i even come here? Immortals wouldn't even bother with this place i mean it is a complete dump they even have better standards for their prey than this. These low lives blood would be so full of alcohol and drugs that the blood would be the same as drinking cheap alcohol with a shot of blood. I am loosing my touch i need a better place to hunt my prey.

Skulling the rest of my drink I walked out into the night. For any other girl with my choice of clothing (a skin tight black dress that reached mid thigh) they would probably die of a hypothermia walking around in this degree. Away from the hustle and bustle it got ice cold at night. Well if they didnt die from that they would proabably die after being raped and then their skull being bashed in ending up in the gutter somewhere.

Racing off to a more appropriate spot for hunting i ran through a park straight through the trees and the 'forest' as such when a blur went straight by me. What the hell. Skidding to a stop on the icy path (yer okay my balance is top shit but it is ice give me a break) I stumble to a stand still. What the hell was that? I turn slowly around searching for movement. After surveying a complete 360 circle around me observing the bush land seeing nothing unusual. I give up. Stupid paranoia. I lift my right foot to begin walking forward and i never touch the ground. My back is slammed into a tree and my head swings back connecting with the tree . My feet are dangling above the ground and my vision has small black dots in them causing a fuzzinessto erupt in my vision. Blinking back the fuzz i look at the face of the person holding my neck (if i was human i would be either unconscious or dead not only from the impact of the tree which im pretty sure has a dent in it but also their breath would be cut off. If it wasnt a habit then i wouldnt have noticed not breathing but i was incapable of doing so.). Santos. How did he find me? Why is he smiling at me? What does he want? Will he kill me? Questions, escape strategies and memories whir around in my mind. I dont know what to do. If i can get loose should i kill him? Do i want him actually dead? DId i ever want him dead? Do i just run? Would he catch me again? Not knowing what i should do is really starting to piss me off. Usually when someone pisses me off i critically injure them or they die. WHat the hell am i going to do this time? Oh my fucking god make up your mind Rose. You are driving your self insane because of a guy u LOVED. Past tense not love as in present. He is dead. Well he isnt he is holding me against a tree but that is beside the point. No one dies and comes back Santos that u knew is dead and this is just inhuman, well even more inhumna. Oh my gosh what is wrong with me? I am arguing with myself. Stop Rose and do something.

"Rose, rose, rose. Stop thinking. You arent going o be able to do anything until i have let you go so pay attention and it will be over quickly. Maybe" His smirk grew with his last word and i stopped. If that all it took to be let go then i would shut off my brain, if i could, ROSE STOP IT. "You really should see your face when you are having an internal fight it is really quite amusing you know but also cute too." He was laughing at me that is it. Kicking out with my legs i connected with his quad. He stopped smiling and just glared. "Rose stop or i will have to immobilise you." Ha like to see you try. I kicked out again and found the sweet spot. His gripped loosened on my neck and i whipped out of it. I ran but was cut short with a grip on my calf. Santos grabbed my throat again and slammed me into the ground. He straddled me so i could use my legsand held my hands pinned over my head. If anyone happened to walk in on this they would think we were just kids mucking around or me getting raped. Either way they would probably dead by the time they thought  of what they should do.  But that would be a good distraction.ROSE stop getting distracted and pay attention. Santos was still smirking at me. "You shouldn't have done that Rose. I just want to talk now look what you have done to this situation. Well i like what you have done but i was planning on getting to this on much better terms and a better um setting."

I growled. "You better keep thinking Santos then. Because the only way that will actually happen is by force. I wont do it willingly. What do you want any way?" Wo where did that come from? Oh well go with it Rose

"Ahhh Rose. What i want is for everything to be as it was. I have no hard feelings about you wanting me to do. But i am a changed person now. I died again and now i am back. You dont need to know the details but the reason i am back is you. I want you still Rose and i wont stop till i get what i want. You know that and now i need to know. Is it going to be difficult for me or easy? It is ur choice."

I laughed. I  actually laughed in his face. " Santos you can't be serious. I saw you die and now you are here. WHy would you ever think i wouldnt want to know the details of how you are here. on top of me, after i saw you as a pile of ash. I you really that idiotic as well that i would take you back. I wanted you gone the first time nothing has changed since then." Lies. I never wanted him gone but he had to think that.

"You are lying Rose. I know you wanted me back. Deny it all you want i know the truth. And i will make you see the truth. Even if it is the last thing i ever do" He was dead serious. This was just too much

"Santos it will be the last thing you do because i wont ever want you i was childish then and didnt actually want you. I just thought i did. So dont fight an impossible battle."

"Are you sure angel?" his hands moved. WHat was he doing? He cradled my face in his hands and bent low. Dont kiss me. Please dont i cant keep this up  if you do. "Ahh another internal battle i knew you were lying. And now you are going to pay that price." What? THen his hands gripped and snapped my neck to the side. Bastard. The last thing i remember before blacking out was his lips brushing mine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------