She reached into her bag, "I make my own tea now. Maybe once you decide to break out of your shell we can talk over a cup of tea. Think of it as a thanks for attempting to be a fill in for a real counselor that I'll never see." Kyra said sarcastically.

Kyra pressed her lips together in a thin line as she observed the girl motionless like a statue, completely frozen in place. The silence filled the room as Kyra continued to look at Annie. "It doesn't look like you've aged at all either. It seems we have something in common there." Kyra mused out.

I wonder if this puts a halt of the years she has left. If she isn't aging would her body consider that as part of her time limit or has it stopped and it won't continue counting until she is awake?

"Well, I ran out of things to ramble about but don't worry I came prepared this time. Now, which one should I read?" Kyra questioned looking through the bag.

"Maybe we'll start with this one."

...

Armin walked down the dimly lit stairs to start his shift and relieve Kyra of her position. He reached the bottom of the stairs walking into the room only to hear Kyra's voice.

"And the cow and chicken lived happily ever after. The end." Kyra finished holding up a book.

"What kind of bullshit ending is that? Do people really read this shit to their kids? I mean I know it's supposed to teach a valuable lesson about friendship and never judging a person by their looks. But still a cow and chicken...why? Why did the chicken judge the cow, but not the cat? The cat eats chicken but yet it didn't judge the cat for eating his own kind. But he'll judge a cow...I find these books lacking any form of logic. And why some sappy cop out of an ending? Since when does the end ever actually end in a happily ever after? It should've been like and the cat ate the chicken because of his own stupidity. It was his fault since the chicken decided to trust a cat to begin with." She huffed out dully.

Armin stared blankly at Kyra. "Kyra, are you seriously reading Annie children books?" He questioned in exasperation.

Kyra turned around shrugging as he observed the hefty pile of books next to her. "I ran out of things to talk about like last time. But lucky for Annie, I came prepared this time. Annie, here, got to hear all about the alphabet, numbers, animal noises, the lost dog, the alley cat and mouse, animals that wear boots and many more things." Kyra said nonchalantly.

Armin blinked more before shaking his head and sighing in exasperation, "Kyra, you spent two hours just reading children books?"

Kyra raised an eyebrow as she turned to him, "More like an hour and half. At least when she finally wakes up we know she will still be able to know the alphabet. And not to judge a cow before getting to know it. Though, she may be disappointed to find that animals still don't wear boots." Kyra replied sarcastically.

Armin just shook his head as Kyra packed the items in the bag. "Rambling is your thing Armin, not mine. I tried, but I only lasted 30 minutes." Kyra informed stoically before she turned to glance at the crystal one last time, "See ya Annie. We still have plenty of more books that I can read you." Kyra said before heading up the stairs.

Armin sat down looking up at Annie. "Sorry about that, Kyra is well...Kyra. You know how she can be, Annie." Armin apologized to the girl encased in the crystal.