——————

I groaned for the third time, tired of tossing and turning without sleeping. I felt revitalized, I felt energized. I wanted to walk and run around, not lay in this cot while waiting for a sleep that would never come. With a sigh, I sat up, throwing my legs over the sides. My boots were beside the bed, and I shoved my foot into one, but stopped when I got to my other foot. My bitten one. I didn't feel any pain whatsoever. No discomfort, nothing.

I looked around to make sure no one was coming in then rolled my pants up. The bite mark and gash were still there, deep and brutal, but it almost looked like it was healing. The gash had been stitched up. There would definitely be a scar there from both of them, but it might look pretty cool if I survived long enough to see it. What was I going to do here alone for three months? I supposed traveling the mountains wouldn't be a terrible way to go. At least the view was pretty and I was willing to bet the sunsets here looked spectacular.

I finished tying my boots then slipped on my jacket and gloves. I could already feel the chill from in here and that was without the wind. I'd need my jacket if I was going to survive up here. Once I was dressed, I ran my fingers through my hair to help release some of the knots and stepped out of the tent into the setting sun.

Vince was sitting outside, but he jumped up the second I walked out. He did so defensively, like I was on the prowl to attack someone. "I'm not gunna cause any trouble. I just want to see my friends one more time before they leave." He hesitated then nodded, so I thanked him and went on my merry way, though I could feel his eyes watching me every step I took.

Aris sat with the two gorgeous girls from before, talking up a storm about how we escaped from Wicked. They didn't really believe him at first. "Hey, Aris," I said, smiling at him.

He did a double take like he hadn't expected to see me up, then he jumped to his feet and walked to me. "Hey, Minx. I thought you were sleeping."

I shrugged and shook my head. "I couldn't."

"I'm happy to see you up and around. That means you can come with us." His happy smile made me feel sad, and I glanced back at the two girls sitting behind him who were watching me with curious eyes. They knew as well as I did that I wouldn't be going.

"Yeah, um, hey listen." I set a hand on Aris' shoulder. "I wanted to thank you. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. You're a great guy and I'm glad I met you."

"I'm glad I met you, too." Aris' smile faded just a little, but I didn't know if it was because he knew I was saying goodbye. I smiled at him and pulled him into a tight hug. My eyes blinked rapidly to avoid any tears forming, then I pulled back from him.

"Okay. Go on."

"Wait, you-... Are you okay?"

"I'm alright, Aris. I'll see you." I walked away from him, taking in deep breaths through the sting in my chest. People stared at me as I walked by like I was suddenly going to go crazy. It wasn't a good feeling, but I suppose it was one I was used to. I had a feeling I'd been stared at a lot in my lifetime.

Thankfully, my friends were up in a place where no one else was. I climbed up the rocks to the three sitting on them. Thomas was up with Teresa on the edge of a cliff, but it seemed like Teresa was saying something Thomas didn't want to hear.

I walked to them quietly, but they still heard me. Smiles formed on their faces when I came into view and I couldn't help but smile back. "Hey, guys," I said.

"Look who's alive," Fry said, but then he frowned once he realized how poor that word choice was. "Sorry."

"It's fine." I smiled at him as I hugged Minho tightly, feeling his arms of protection squeeze me. I released him to hug Newt.