CHAPTER 14

MACIE SIGHED, SITTING IN HER CAR THAT SAT IN HER DRIVEWAY.

Hopper forced her to go home, told her that he would explain everything later.

She didn't understand what was going on with Will, or what the hell that creature was that they burned that somehow affected Will. Or what that tunnel led to.

And no one was giving her answers.

She sighed, resting her head on the steering wheel. She should have stayed in California.

Macie moved to stare at the house in front of her. She didn't want to go inside and face her father.

Throwing her car in reverse, she sped out of the driveway. She was going above the speed limit, but who cares? There was no one to stop her.

She parked her car in the field she was in the night before. Macie got out, grabbing the flashlight and shuffling back over to the hole. She stepped over the police caution tape and shined the light into the tunnel.

This time it was slightly different. There was fog inside the tunnel.

Something moved inside. She was barely able to see it flash by. Macie kneeled in the dirt, trying to spot it again, "Hello? Is someone down there?"

Macie let out a scream as the creature leaped up at her. At first she thought it was a dog. But as she backed away further, she could see it was anything but.

There were no eyes, or ears, or nose. The only thing on its face was a mouth. A large mouth that opened up like a flower.

A flower full of sharp teeth.

The creature let out a yelp as she kicked the creature away. She stood and ran towards the car door.

Macie let out a cry of pain as the creature latched onto her leg and began to drag her towards the hole.

Macie was able to get her hands on the pole that held up the police caution tape and ripped it out of the dirt before taking and and jabbing it at the creature.

The creature let go and Macie jabbed the pole into its mouth before pushing it back further. With one last grunt, she shoved it back down the hole and limped to the car.

The blonde opened the back door and grabbed the gun from under the seat. She grabbed the box of shells and stuffed them into the shot gun before turning around.