Chapter Three: RE: Scouted

Yumeko

Finally, I managed to get the attention of the two. They looked at me simultaneously.

"Matte! Give me a break first." I said, showing my palm at them and with my other hand on my forehead.

To think that there are people who knows me around the area, too much for my desired starting a new leaf. Give me back my anonymity!

"Do you know them, Yumeko-chan?" Banri-san asked me.

"Ah, yeah. I know these two. But I never realized that I will meet them here of all places." I answered while giving a glance to the two.

"Ahaha... It's been a while, Yume-chan!" The red haired said to me with a bright smile.

This is too blinding, we need to use glasses for eye protection.

"Hai! Nice to see you again, Riku-kun!" I replied back enthusiastically. "Ne, Riku-kun, I'm quite surprised that you became an idol but don't push yourself too much, okay?"

I know Riku-kun from fifth grade. He was like a childhood friend to me and I know that he has a frail health so it was surprising that he was an idol right now, moreover, he's my senpai now.

"Of course! I'm taking good care of my health, Yume-chan! I'm also surprised to see you here. What are you doing here?" Riku-kun asked curiously.

"Me? I'm a new trainee! But I will take the audition later. Oh, I should introduce myself first."

I slightly bowed in front of everyone. "Hajimemashite, I'm Yumeno Yumeko! Please treat me well!" I smiled at them after my introduction.

"Trainee?!" The seven people reacted in surprise.

"The president scouted me earlier. I don't know much about idols but I'm interested to learn." I declared.

"But Yumeko–" The blonde guy tried to say something but I interrupted him.

"Am I hearing something? It sounds like a voice of a traitor." I mumbled without looking at the blonde guy. "Ne, Riku-kun, can you hear something?"

"Eh? Ah... Do you mean Nagi?"

"Right, that traitor." I said while pouting and looking away from him.

"Are they on bad terms?"

"That seems to be the case."

“Noooooo!” He dramatically said and move towards me, grabbing my shoulders with a serious face. I just paid him no mind.“I thought we are comrades that shares the same soul! We’re kindred spirits, right?”

“Yumeko.” He seriously said. “I’ll give you my Limited Edition Magical Kokona CD set, the exclusive Café Waitress Kokona Figure, I’ll pay for your ticket on the next AniFes and I’ll force Mitsuki to give an autograph as a cast of MagiCona.”

“Why am I being forced too?!” the orange haired retorted.

“So that’s what he meant by kindred spirits…”

I give him a smirk and a thumbs up. “Deal.” I said right away without even pausing to think twice.

He dramatically fell to the floor with anime crying tears. “Yumeko, you poacher…”

“She got Nagi-kun there.”

"That's your payback for unfairly going here earlier. I bet you even collected more merch than that." I scolded him. "This is a justified bargain, you know?"

"Uuuuuuu..." he grumbled in depression. "Did you just showed up here to poach me?"

"That's part of the reason, good thing that I found you here. But I was simply just having a vacation here and probably settle here in Japan for good if things turned out well."