Ben x Reader

It's getting harder and harder to breathe as you run alongside your brother, Sam.

"[Y/N], just get out of here. Get back to the Glade. I'll hold off the Grievers." He huffs and starts to slow his pace. You slow along with him.

"No, Sam! It's almost sunrise! I'm not leaving without you!" You tell him firmly and flinch as you hear the Grievers getting closer. He sighs.

"Fine, but just go hide somewhere, and don't get killed! I don't think Newt and Minho could handle it if both of us died..." Sam says, referring to your two friends. You nod and race off to a patch of ivy, in which you will hide under. All night you can hear the screams of your twin brother fighting off Grievers. As soon as you see the sun come up, you know the doors will be opening soon, so you leave your hiding spot to find Sam. He isn't hard to find, you just had to follow a small trail of blood. From what you can see, if you don't get him back to the Glade soon, he'll bleed out.

"Come on, everything's gonna be okay." You manage to get him into standing position and find a steady walking pace. Luckily the Glade isn't far away. Just as you come limping down the corridor where you catch a glimpse of all the Gladers waiting for you, Sam's knees buckle and you both go crashing to the ground. Sam makes a guttural noise and you put his head in your lap, pushing his blood-stained blonde hair out of his eyes. Slick, warm blood seems to be everywhere but you don't care, your just focusing on Sam.

"Sam..." You croak, and your eyes flicker up to see the Gladers running towards you, Newt, Minho, and the Med-Jacks in the lead.

"I love you, [Y/N]." He coughs out just as help approaches. You watch as the light leaves his eyes and you slowly pull your hand out of his cold, stiff one. Tears fall from your cheeks and you let out an ear-splitting sob, scooting away from his lifeless body. You pull your legs up and hug your knees, shaking and hyperventilating. After they take Sam's body away, Newt, Minho, and Ben approach you.

"[Y/N] we-" Newt starts but you cut him off with screaming.

"NOO! No..." You whisper the last part and stare blankly at the ground.

"We have to get her cleaned up, she's a mess." Minho mutters to Ben and Newt. And indeed you are a mess. Blood (some your own, some Sam's) cakes your entire body, your eyes are bloodshot and have dark shadows, and you have countless cuts and bruises throughout your body.

"[Y/N] please, just let us take you inside the Glade, get you cleaned up a little." Minho suggests and you give a slow nod in response. Once they get you into the Glade, they get you to the Med-House and start to clean you up.

"Um, if you guys want to go for dinner, I can take over for a bit." Ben suggests.

"Are you sure?" Newt questions.

"Yeah, I'm not hungry anyway..." Ben trails off and Newt and Minho smile at him gratefully, leaving the room in silence. For a while Ben continues to clean you up, gently rubbing away the blood on your skin and bandaging up your cuts. Usually this is the Med-Jacks job, but they are busy with Sam's body.

"You know, your a lot gentler than you look." You remark blankly and Ben looks up.

"Thanks. I think..." He gives a light laugh.

"Look I'm really sorry about what happened to Sam. He was a good guy." He stands up and starts to wet your hair.

"Yeah he was... you two were good friends right?" You ask as Ben starts to untangle the knots in your hair.

"Mhm hm. Would you like me to bring you some food?" He asks and hands you a set of clean clothes.

"Sure," as Ben turns to go, you catch his arm. "Thanks. For everything." You smile at him and he nods. While he gets some supper, you change into your clothes and wait.

"Someone looks a lot better." You hear Newt remark from the doorway.

"I am. Ben's just getting us some supper now." You tell him. He smirks and chuckles.

"What?" you ask, suspicious.

"You promise you won't tell anyone?" His eyebrows shoot up and you immediately become ten times more interested in what he has to say.

"Promise." You shake on it.

"Well, Ben sort of- likes you. Like a lot." Newt grins at the disbelief evident on your face. Just then, Ben walks in with two heaping plates full of steaming food.

"Hey, [Y/N], Newt." He nods and hands you your plate and a fork. Newt just winks at you and gives Ben a thumbs up before he leaves the Med-House.

"What was that all about?" Ben gestures to Newt with his fork.

"Oh, nothing." You say, trying not to blush.

"Oh. So um, [Y/N]. There has to be someone you like in the Glade huh?" He brings out the question and you freeze. Returning back to normal, you say,

"Well obviously. I mean out of 50 boys I'm bound to like at least one right?" You laugh nervously.

"And that might be?" He pushes you on.

"Well, he's funny, smart, kind, gentle, sweet, and oh, I could go on about him all day." you sigh and Ben's face falls.

"Minho?" He asks and you shake your head.

"Newt? Gally? Frypan?" He questions three at once.

"No, no, and NO!" You tell him.

"Billy? Fred? A-" You cut him off before he can finish.

"Ben! Can't you see? It's you! I like you!" You stare at the floor, your face flushed scarlet. When he doesn't say anything, you look up to find him sitting closer to you than he was before.

"Um, can I k-kiss you?" He stutters and you smile.

"Of course." You say and he presses his lips to yours.