Chapter 15; "Anything is worth a shot."

I woke Haku glumly and began harnessing up Kakuro, after I got ready. I threw on my skirt, socks, tank, and poncho and I was ready. My hair wasn't messy so I did't mess with it. I finished tightening the metal frame of the harness along with the saddle as the boys came up behind me in the suite, ready. I nodded to them and they returned.

        "We will make a pit stop to get water and then we can go. We have all the food packed, right?" I asked both of them. They nodded and then handed me my bag to carry with my clothes and bow plus arrows, which I completely forgot about. I was oblivious that Haku had his two Katana in his holder on his back. I can't believe I missed that.

        "Okak, lets go. Haku since we already paid when we came we can just leave, correct?" I asked him about the suite.

        "Yup, we are good to go." he said nodding. Then with that we headed to the well. I water bent water into Kakuros, Hakus, and my two sacks. One of them being only if we absolutely need it, paradise bird. I tied both of them securely on my waist while Haku tied his around his his back pack. Kakuros stayed on his neck as always. All four of ours together hold a few gallons so we should be good.

        "I have a water jug if you want to fill that." Gansu said pulling an empty gallon jug out. I nodded and quickly filled it to the brim. He closed it off and placed it back in his bag.

        "Shall we?" I said pulling the rolled up map out.

        "We shall." Haku said nodding. Then we were off into the desert. My mind wandered as I felt only sand. Sand felt weird. I read that it was made up of crushed up dirt and other earth particles. I trudged on as the town left my sight when I turned around. We had to make it. I didn't exactly know how far the Wan Shi Tong Library was from where we were, but I am sure to figure something out.

        We walked in complete silence for about four hours. It was high noon and we left at sunrise which would be around eight o'clock. I looked up at the blazing sun and looked back down and continued walking on the large dune.

        "How about we walk for a bit more and if you guys see a shaded area call it out and we will rest there." Haku said. Gansu and I both nodded. My eyes peered around the dunes, and found nothing. Everything was in the sun.

        "Maybe, I can bend the dirt in the sand into a small shaded area." Gansu said after about an hour of walking and searching, but coming up with nothing.

        "Anything is worth a shot. I am getting signs of mild dehydration and Kakuro is exhausted." I said matter of factually.

        "I agree. I am getting signs too." my brother said behind Gansu who was behind me and Kakuro. My map was leading us to the theory of where Wan Shi Tong library was. If we continued this pace we should be near the center of the desert some time tomorrow.

        "Alright. Lets go on the side of this dune, go to the left so that way the sun goes opposite of us rather then at us when it sets." Gansu said leading the way down. I followed with Kakuro and Haku behind me. We dropped our stuff, I taking off Kakuro's saddle while Gansu got ready.

         He put his hands in the dune and made it into a thin sheet of earth. He picked it up and made a rather small, but just enough to hold all of us and Kakuro under, shelter. It had two sides and a roof.

        I sat in the shade and immediately bent out the portions all of us were allowed to have based on my portion control. We each got a pint of water. I bent it over to Haku who took it in his control while Gansu sucked from the water bubble in the air.