Seventeen

The growling and snarls would echo through the building. Mutts they made in the capitol when we first arrived. All I could think and hear were the snarls as they drew closer and closer.
I wake up to me hitting my head and rocking back and forth. Finnick by my side. "We gotta go. We gotta get outta here now." Peeta says out loud. I looked at him quick until I heard the snarls farther away from us. "Keep your voice down." Jackson says. I jumped up on my feet ready to go. I began to lose my breath a bit in panic. "Mutts! They released mutts." I tell her. Everyone stood up and prepared to move. "Pollux, what's the fastest way out?" Katniss asked him and he pointed down the tunnel to the right. Gale passed by me and shot a fired arrow down the tunnel. We all proceeded down the tunnel with caution. I just looked down at the water but then frantically got my flashlight out with my knife. "Here." I hear Jackson behind Finnick and I. I turn to see her hand me a hand gun and a few full mags she had on her. "Thank you." I whisper back. We proceeded. We stopped while Gale checked the tunnels to our sides but it seemed clear. Pollux lead us to a small hole in the wall. Pollux crawled through first. We waited for his signal until we crawled through. I helped Finnick through and the last one through was Jackson. She was glued on the tunnel behind her until she finally turned towards us. But we all heard a small movement in the water. My heart sunk in that exact second.
She turned back around instantly and we could see tons of faceless mutts behind her. She didn't get a shot in before they began to feast on her.
Finnick pulled me away and I saw Katniss shoot with an arrow that exploded. "Come on! Go! Go!" Gale helped her up we we started to run. "Pollux, lead us out of here!" Finnick commanded. The explosion gave us a head start and I was right behind Pollux. I could hear the mutts finally coming for us and all I cared about was getting the hell out of there. "CASTOR!" I hear behind us. They caught up. Cressida was shooting back as well as Katniss. One came from the side and I aimed and shot right in the head. We gave ourselves another start and started running. Castor didn't make it.
We made it to a ladder and Katniss shot another bomb arrow at the tunnel they came from. Pollux and I shot the ones that got in. I guarded the ladder while Pollux climbed up. One came straight towards me and tackled me to the ground. Only thing I could do was hold it's body away from me. It's monstrous sharp teeth with no face was just biting the air in front of my face. The weight of the mutt pushing onto me was becoming too much and I let out a scream to help with the weight. Until an arrow goes through its head. I turn to see Katniss see me then quickly turn to shoot at the tunnels again. I shot the ones coming through one of the tunnels until they only were coming through the others and not mine. I turn to see a mutt on top of Peeta and he's holding his face. The mutts teeth cut his cuffs but before the mutt could get to him I shot it in the head and watched it fall to Peetas side.
Cressida urged Peeta to go up the ladder and I saw as they climbed. Katniss had been thrown across the room and into a the bridge to the ladder. I kept the mutts from coming for her. I quickly started to reload my gun but once I finished I'm tackled again. I shot it in the face this time and shoved it off my body. Katniss went up the ladder then would be Finnick and I left. I shot at a mutt following her and pushed Finnick to the ladder so I would be last instead. I shot in all directions until I had a good distance from them to climb up. I climbed quickly until I feel a pull and sharp claws on my left leg. I held on tight to the ladder until an arrow goes in it's head. I kicked the mutt of with my other leg which made the mutts behind fall back down. I climbed the best of my abilities and saw Finnick at the top with his hands down to me. I reached up and he pulled me the rest of the way and Katniss dropped the holo. Finnick pushed Katniss and I down and what followed was an explosion.
"Come on! Come on! Let's go! KEEP MOVING!" Gale says to us. We enter a train station and we're immediately shot at. We took cover behind pillars. I grabbed at my leg but the adrenaline made the pain less than what it was. We quickly ran away from the peacekeepers and Homes was disintegrated into dust from one of the lights above. We kept running, avoiding the light beams from above and I turned back repeatedly to shoot at the peacekeepers. I had a limp from my wound but Finnick who never let go of me was my support. The floor was falling from behind us. Finnick ran fast and pulled me onto his back mid running. I used my position to shoot the keepers behind us and right before the ground took us, we fell onto the only flooring that didn't fall through.
I couldn't move, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't think all in that moment on the ground. My leg was in bad shape, really bad. I felt instant guilt like it was my fault. I was in the middle of a relationship. I was what almost killed Finnick. I was the reason my mother never got better. I was a mutt. Just like those faceless creatures. I punched at the ground to relieve the pain and the anger. "Harmony we have to go." Katniss says to me by my side. "IM A MUTT. JUST KILL ME." I couldn't think. "LEAVE ME ALONE." I shouted. I just wanted to be left alone. Until I was pulled by her off the ground. "Harmony LOOK AT ME." Katniss says. I just looked in her eyes.
I saw the trainings we had together. Her by the chariots. In the games when we spoke with nobody in the group listening. I remembered loving her. "We gotta go." She says holding my face.
I looked at the floor to see spinning spikes were was made the floor fall through. I vigorously nodded my head feeling faint from the breathing. Finnick and Katniss helped me up and Finnick threw me across his shoulder like a potato sack. We were in a more common train station. It looked familiar. "I know where we are! I know a place up those stairs." Cressida tells us. Once we were above ground, and there were no more stairs,
Finnick put me down and I hobbled on one leg with him holding me up. I saw our faces on wanted signs around the city. We ran to what looked like a clothing store. Cressida banging on the door while the others looked outwards to keep guard. The longer we stood waiting, the less adrenaline I had, and the more I felt my leg. I let out a groan in pain. "Someone's coming." Peeta looked in and soon enough a woman who looked like a tiger opened the door for us. I was helped in first and was afraid to sit anywhere. I see Katniss aim at her until Cressida stops her. "Katniss! It's ok. It's ok." She put it down and kept her eyes on her.
"Tigress do you remember me? I'm with Plutarch's Underground. We need your help." She asks her. "Clear!" Gale says from checking the perimeter. Tigress looks at me and my leg, along with Finnick and back to Katniss and Cressida. She leads the way and we're lead to a bunker underneath the store. "I remember you. You were a stylist in the games." Katniss pointed out. Tigress put down her hood. "Until Snow decided I wasn't pretty enough anymore." She says. "I'm here to kill him." Katniss says matter of factly. Tigress let's out a smile. I was helped down by Gale up top and Finnick below me and saw the room filled with accessories and clothing. "Here. Sit here." Finnick tells me. I sat down we're he said on a cushion on the ground and shouted in pain. I quickly took off all of my vests and holsters until I was just in a my black long sleeve and pants. Tigress brought supplies she had down here and Cressida got right to work. Finnick and Cressida helped with pulling my pants off to see the wound. Three deep cuts on the inside of my thigh. They cleaned it off with water that caused slight burning and I turned to look away. Peeta rushed to my side. He held my hand and I squeezed tightly as the poured the disinfectant. I let out a scream from the burning sensation through my body.
"She's gonna need stitches. Can you move your foot?" She asks. I tried to move my leg but it just brought pain to my knee and ankle. "It moves." I say through gritted teeth. She placed bandages over cloth tightly around my thigh. She tied it even tighter; I winced and squeezed Peetas hand tighter. "I'm sorry but we don't want you to bleed out." She apologizes. "I know, I know." I sigh. Finnick looks in the first aid bucket Tigress gave us and looked through the small amount of pill bottles. "Here." I looked back at him and he was holding two pills. "They'll help the pain and give you some sleep." He says. Cressida gave me her water jug and I downed the pills quickly. I see Pollux crying in the corner. He just lost his brother. I look over to Katniss who looked flushed and guilty. "What's wrong?" I ask through the pain. They all looked at her. "I made it up." She says. The room fell silent. If only she knew that we could tell the whole time. "All of it. There is no special mission from coin. There's only my plan. Everyone that's dead is dead because of me. I lied." She said through tears. "We know. We all knew." Cressida answered back. "The soldiers from 13?"
"They did, too. Do you really believe that Jackson thought you had orders from coin? She trusted Boggs and he clearly wanted you to go on." Cressida said tired. "I never meant for this to happen. I failed. I...I killed them. I killed Castor. I'm sorry, pollux." Katniss said through tears. "I'm so sorry."
"Glimmer, Marvel, Mags" I hear Peeta say beside me, "Clove, Wiress, Rue. What do all those deaths mean?" All eyes were on him now. "They mean that our lives were never ours. There was no real life because we didn't have any choice. Our lives belong to snow and our deaths do, too. But if you kill him, katniss...If you end all of this, all those deaths, they mean something." Katniss just stood there with tears in her eyes. "Cinna, Boggs, Castor, Jackson. They chose this. They chose you."

I became drowsy once we were settled down. But i felt pain in my stomach. I became alert when I felt wetness on my panties. I asked Cressida to help me go the toilet. She stood outside and I pulled them down to see blood. I used to bathroom and felt a huge blood clot fall. I instantly started crying. I couldn't believe it. My uterus was in pain and I just sat there trying to clean myself up. Cressida came in to my crying. "Can you get me a tampon or something." She nodded and left me. I just tried to clean all while crying. "Here." Cressida enters. "There was a basket of underwear and these loose shorts. I brought both a tampon and a pad from the first aid." She says then turning away for my to adjust everything. I couldn't stop the tears but I got myself dressed and just sat back on the closed toilet seat cover and flushed everything down. There was so much blood. "What's wrong?" She asks. I just shook my head trying not to cry too loud. She crouches in front of me. "Harmony you can tell me." She says. I just looked at her and somehow I felt like she knew "I was pregnant." I whisper. She hugs me and I just cried into her shoulder. She helped calm me down. "Who's?" She asks. "Peeta." She pulled away from me.
"Does he know?" She asks. I just shook my head with tears in my eyes. "Neither does Finnick cause I wasn't ok in the head when I found out." I say calming my breathing down. "I won't tell them but I think you should when you're ready." She tells me. I just nod. She helped me up to wash my hands and face and back to Finnick. Finnick stood up and they both helped me sit back down. We sat for a while and I became drowsy again. "You okay?" He asks. I just look at him, "Why do I feel like if you went last you wouldn't be here right now?" I say back to him with my eyes feeling heavy. "Just get some sleep ok?" He says. I just nod, lean back, and close my eyes; falling asleep instantly.