~Cuddles~

3rd pov

As Emma and the others hurried away secretively, Ray stood there, taking in the girl as she minded her own business.

"Yo" Ray built up the courage to speak as he walked over, catching the girls attention.

"how long were you standing there?" The girl asked, turning her head to meet the boy.

"Is that how you greet people?" Ray laughed as he sat next to her, "Don't worry I just got here."

"why... does your laugh do that..?" [y/n] mumbled to herself as her eyes shot the farthest they could away from the emo.

"Hurm?" Ray hummed in confusion, as he tilt his head to take a closer look at her face.

"it's nothing." [y/n] looked back, completely ignoring what she said just a few seconds ago.

"What's that?" Ray pointed at the guitar in it's case, pretending like he didn't see it before.

"i'm pretty sure even you would know what this is." The girl sighed disappointedly, taking the instrument and placing it in his lap.

"I know what it is, I'm just surprised you have it." Ray held the guitar and examined it.

He strummed the cords not looking for a specific one.

"i just asked mama, it really wasn't that hard." [y/n] clarified, staring at the boy who held the guitar.

"the other day, i let you ask questions. now it's my turn." [y/n] brought up suddenly, to which didn't phase Ray on inch.

"Go ahead." Ray smiled as he felt the rough strings of the object in his hands.

"do you think i would truly regret if i died right now?" [y/n] asked, Rays smile reverting to normal.

"Now don't say that. If you died, I'd feel incomplete." Ray turned his head facing the girl, "Without you... I wouldn't be able enjoy the problems with simple answers! You are so difficult to understand-it's- it's on a different level. But that's what I love about you. You aren't the type to go down gracefully, or the type to give up so easily!"

Ray rambled on, widening [y/n]'s dark, tired eyes.

"hey, ray." [y/n] called out, "thanks. for that i mean."

Ray smiled sheepishly. Oh that smile [y/n] loved so much.

"it's... getting pretty late... maybe you should... go to bed or something." [y/n] turned her head away.

"I actually want to go to the library right now. Wanna join?" Ray stood up and took her hand, "Well, now you have no choice."

"what—" [y/n] was suddenly dragged away as her tired legs struggled to keep up with the bed head that had captured her.

After some light stomps and opening doors, the two arrived at their destination. He dragged her furthermore into the library's old shelves and ladders, until they made it into a little cove; located upon the upper floor of the giant room.

Blankets and pillows, unread books and books that have been read thousands of times; [y/n] feasted her eyes on the cozy little hideout.

"you made this?" [y/n] asked suddenly as she took of her boots and sat in the little nest.

"Yeah. Though it really doesn't take much work or effort." Ray answered as he mirrored the girls previous actions, sitting next to her.

[y/n] didn't hesitate to grab a random book, flopped over on Ray's lap, and read the piece of literature.

"W-What t-the?!" Ray stuttered out, turning bright red in the process.

"this is the once-in-a-blue-moon times where i am tired so best not ruin it by yelling." The girl stated as he calmed his nerves down.

After grabbing a book and reading a chapter, it was like Ray's hand had its own mind, going against what Ray's demands wanted. Ray's hand slowly reached out to the girls head and pet it.

[y/n] had already fallen asleep, so, like instinct, her head nuzzled towards his palm, unconsciously asking for more.

If Ray's hand didn't have a mind then, it most certainly had a mind now, for it too, didn't skip a beat and pet her relentlessly. As if the head of [y/n] had given Ray's hand a little message saying, 'do that more'.

Eventually, both of them ended up asleep, and somehow ended up cuddling.