In the parking lot of the restaurant, Lia hugs her family members goodbye. I shake hands and tell everyone that it was nice to meet them before getting nearly knocked over by a hug from Ellie.

As Lia talks with her siblings, I'm pulled aside by her dad.

"You really make her happy," He says, looking over at her. "Every phone call since the day she met you... she always goes on and on about you. The first time—" He laughs. "She called me and said 'Dad, dad, dad, I think I just met the love of my life. I fell into his lap on the subway and we went and we had coffee and he smiled at me like twenty times!'." He makes his voice go higher as he quotes Ophelia. "She was talking a mile a minute, telling me all about how she was gonna marry you and name your first born son after me."

I can't help but to laugh and shake my head, fixing my gaze on Lia. She's consoling Ellie, who is crying her eyes out and giving her a tight hug. I can hear her telling Lia that she doesn't want her to leave.

"She's been through a lot," Lorenzo continues. "But she's resilient. Even after how life has treated her, she's never lost her love for humanity and... somehow, she always sees the best in people. I don't know where she got it from. Not me, definitely not her mother— but she inspires me to be a better person and to try to see the good in everyone."

"Me, too," I say, watching as Lia walks over toward us.

She's got tears streaming down her cheeks, which she quickly wipes away before giving her dad one last hug.

"See you soon," She says into his shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you, too." He tells her. "I'll see you soon, mijita."

When they part, her dad gives me a wave before walking back towards his car where Kass and Ellie wait.

Lia uncrosses my arms and wraps hers around me, hugging me tight and resting her head on my chest. I return the embrace and rest my head on top of hers, pressing kisses to it every now and again.

"You know, I heard that the day we met you told your dad you were going to marry me and name our first born son after him," I say in a playful tone of voice.

I hear her giggle and her body shakes with it before she pulls out of the embrace and turns away from me. "I can't believe he told you that."

I just laugh and shake my head. "Are you still up for the surprise I had planned?" I ask her.

She turns around quickly and smiles. "I totally forgot about it. Of course, I am."

"Well, I have to pick up some things first. Want to head to the store?"

She nods happily before we get back into the car.

-

After going to the store and a long drive with Lia blindfolded beside me, I park the car and grab the grocery bags out of the back before helping her out of the passenger's seat.

"Spencer Reid, are you going to take the blindfold off anytime soon? I miss looking at your pretty face." She asks me as she stands up.

"Soon," I chuckle, holding her hand to guide her as we walk.

We're on the beach— which I'm sure she knows based solely on walking in sand, but she hasn't said anything. She stands patiently as I set things up.