Klaus stands to his feet also and intertwines his hand with mine as we walk back across to the hotel and get ready to head to Portland.

Before we make our way to Portland, I want to say goodbye to Adrianna first so I meet up with her at a restaurant for breakfast.

"You're leaving already?" Adrianna says in a sad tone and a pet lip on which makes me laugh.

"I'm sure I'll be back at some point, Ade. No doubt we'll be meeting up again soon."

Adrianna sighs, "Yeah I know, it was just nice of being the two of us back in L.A. again. I should probably get back to Canada anyway and see how little miss tantrum is doing."

"You need me to talk to her again? How she doing?" I ask. A few years ago when I was in Chicago, I found a young girl on the streets. She went on to tell me how her foster family kicked her out and Adrianna being the angel is she, took her in with my help.

Adrianna rolls her eyes, "Yeah she's good. She's found a pack to hang around with so she does seem a lot better now she's around people like her. Nate however, being the protective uncle he likes to call himself keeps following her to make sure she's okay."

Aw Nate. Adrianna's boyfriend. She met him about 20 years ago now, she was in New York at the time when she overheard a bar fight going on. Nate was in pretty bad shape after it but Adrianna healed him and the rest is history she likes to say. Turned him a few years after that and have been inseparable ever since. She always told me it was his eyes that caught her attention at first, 'those damn blue eyes' she always said. Which I can totally relate to, having my own pair of blue eyes I can't seem to shake off.

"How is Nate? Has he proposed yet?"

Ade shoots me a glare, "No, he hasn't. Thanks for bringing that up, you would be the first person to know if he had don't worry."

I laugh as I grab my bag and stand up from my seat, "Good. Okay I gotta go." Adrianna stands up too and we both pull each other in a hug, "Don't be a stranger okay, Ade? Keep in touch."

Adrianna laughs, "Oh I will, given what's going on in your life right now, I'll most definitely be keeping in touch to hear all the gossip. You're like my very own reality show."

--------------------------------------------

It's been about 8 hours since we've been in Portland. Some of Klaus' hybrids were already here and wrangled up a werewolf pack before we arrived. Most of them have gone through their transition and there was just a handful still needing to wake up.

I'm sitting on the hood of our car watching as Klaus help his new hybrids readjust to what they have became. There's something just so sexy about him being in charge of people and also just seeing how happy he is that his plan he has longed for for so long finally happening.

I get snapped out of my thoughts when I hear Klaus' phone go off, he looks down at his phone and then glances up to me before answering. I already know who it's going to be.

"Portland is fantastic, once you get over the whiney music and healthy looking people. It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves." Klaus says answering the call as he walks towards the car I'm sat on.

"Your father's dead." Stefan's voice says from the other end of the call.

My heart stops in my chest as Klaus and I both look at each other with the same shocked expression,
"What did you say to me?"