THREE

happy chain of thorns release day!!!! i can't believe today marks the end of the last hours.

i won't be getting my copy of the book until later this week so please refrain from any spoilers in the comments!! in a future chapter, i will have a little comment section for people to post, but for now, please don't say anything!!

i am currently mapping out the rest of this book now so that i am not influenced by what i read in chain of thorns and change anything so know that this book already has a plan for each chapter and an ending as well!

i hope to start cranking out these chapters a little quicker now that we are truly getting into the story so be on the look out for even more updates!! ahh!!

now go pick up your copy of chain of thorns and enjoy this new chapter <3

❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀

B I T T E R A N D S W E E T

❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀

It was an especially cold day when James and Cordelia's wedding had finally arrived. The Merry Thieves and their Maid Marian had spent the whole night together, each of them holding onto James a bit tighter not only because of the incident that had occurred between the twins, but because deep down they knew that even if this was all a ruse, their lives were still about to change. In more ways than one.

Maybe that's why Willa had practically drowned herself in as much alcohol as she could the night before, the hours blending together with her drinks so that even now she could barely remember all that had happened. The only thing that came to mind was Thomas's frown as he tried to put iratzes on her throughout the night to sober her up, each attempt being for naught for the moment Willa even felt a hint of a bit like herself, she was downing another glass of whatever she could get her hands on.

But Willa had wanted to forget.

She wanted to forget for a moment that she had just been trapped in the shadow realm once again. She wanted to forget that James was leaving her after they had only just begun to grow close again. She wanted to forget Matthew.

Beautiful, handsome, tortured Matthew who her heart longed for at every second of every day despite the pain he had caused her. He had crushed her heart in his hands and tossed it aside like it was nothing. Yet despite it all, her heart sang for him. She could barely keep her eyes off of him last night, so she had drank until she could barely see straight.

It had cost her the dreadful headache she woke up with that morning, the lingering alcohol in her system making her feel a bit funny as she had gotten ready for the ceremony, but she didn't mind. That's how she found herself outside upon her balcony, the cold nipping at every piece of exposed skin and waking her from her alcohol-induced stupor.