40

After taking her rest Elaine went through the rest of her positions drills with the at most seriousness and intensity.

      With drills like the "Pedal Break 90", a drill were the player must start out 'peddling' or shuffling backwards with their eyes on the coach that was directing them as they increased speed, turning to their right or left depending on the coach and shift to that side to then explode with speed, catch a ball that could be throw either high or low depending the on thrower and run pas a set of cones.

      Along with the drill called the "Super Buzz Drill" were the player was to once again back peddle with speed, keep their balance as they watch the coach direct them left and right as they shuffled backwards, never losing eye contact with the coach. Then turn to the side the coach directed with an explosion of speed to catch a high or low ball and run pass a set of cones clearing the zone.

      While some players like rookie DB Robbie Connors had trouble moving from left to right without taking his eyes off the coach that directed him and Angel and even Donnie had trouble catching the balls that flew their way during the "Super Buzz Drill", Elaine didn't.

      Despite the headaches that would pulse when she waited her turn Elaine was at her absolute best on the field. With every drill they threw at her, every coverage they had her playing in when they tested the QBs and every drill the put her through to test her balance and discipline, the mocha skinned alpha girl trusted her body to do what she, Rose, Salena, Martha and even Jamie's father had been training her body to do as she intercepted or broke up every pass thrown her way by every QB and receiver duo she lined up against.

      All except duo of Rogers and Dickerson that is.

           "Alright pups bring it in." coach Woodley called out again.

           "Now I just want to applaud you guys. You did everything we asked you to do and the coaches, staff and I wanted to show our appreciation so lets give it up for all of our players who had a hell of a day." he said as they all applauded loudly making all the players smile.

           "Alright, alright, that's enough praise. God forbid these young studs need an even bigger ego than they already have." he said causing everyone to laugh.

           "Now givin that we managed to finish all the drills ahead of schedule the scouts and I figured we'd play a little seven on seven before the big showcase tomorrow. As a way to see if the players we want to play, are the players we need to play." he smiled deviously.

      (Seven on seven were seven defensive players play against seven offensive players, much like a normal game. The only different being that since none of the players would be playing with pads they went by two hand touch rule to prevent injury.)

      Watching impatiently from the sidelines Elaine and her wolf watched as the prodigy quarter back Dominic Rogers went through his progressions to throw a perfect pass towards her rival and receiver Eric Dickson who was covered by a two players for a toe tapping score.

      The scouts and coaches seemed very pleased at the duo.

           "Kids got great judgment and his throws are stupidly accurate." she heard one of the scouts comment.

           "Yeah, not to mention Dickson has some good footwork to stay in bounds and score after the catch." said an impressed beta scout, writing something down on his clip board.

           "Ones got the intelligence and talent to survey the field while the other has size and pure athletic ability. They're gonna be a force if they keep going like this." another nodded.