"All legal?" John teases with a wink making you laugh, tapping his shoulder as you walk back into the house.

"Only a few dead bodies." 

-

"Miss y/l/n" Your maid Annie knocks on the living room door. 

"Yeah" You reply looking up from your book. 

"Mr Solomons is here" She walks in with a small smile. 

"Okay send him to the office" You sigh standing up, "Thanks Annie."

She smiles nodding once and walking out. You follow after her, turning to walk up the stairs, your fingertips brushing against the dark oak banister. You find yourself outside of John's room, knocking a few times on the door. He answers standing in his shirt and trousers, his hair falling loose. 

"I have business with Solomons and I was wondering if you want to join me" You say with a small smile. 

"Sure" He replies going back to get his blazer and waistcoat but you stop him grabbing his hand. He looks down at your hands then back at you confused. 

"You look more normal in this" You say, "Alfie will recognise you straight away if you are wearing your cap."

"Right" John nods. You let go of his hand walking away to the top of the stairs, stopping when John is still stood outside his room watching you walk away. "Come on then." 

-

"Alfie" You greet shaking his hand. "What can I do for you?" 

"I thought I would let you know some new details on that fucking prick you are dealing with" Alfie clicks his fingers a few times before pointing at you, "Yeah, Kimber." 

"What about him?" You sit down at your office chair, placing your hands in your lap. John sits in the corner of the room, listening as Alfie sits opposite you. 

"He wanted business with me darling, something about wanted to sell my fucking rum and help him kill you-"

"You agreed" You butt in with a smirk, "Alfie I know your game by now." 

"Sorry darling but I know you will kill him before he fucking gets anywhere near you" Alfie says, glancing over his shoulder at John, "A Shelby?" Alfie looks back at you with an eyebrow raised, "Why the fuck do you have a fucking Shelby in your house?" 

"His dear brother and I are in business, I agreed to help him kill Kimber and I get a play toy to occupy myself with" You reply sending a wink towards John. 

"Kimber will be sending men to your ball on Saturday night, he has paid three men to kill ya" Alfie says, running a hand over his beard. 

"Its a party Alfie not a ball" You chuckle, John looks at you confused, you were just told three people were coming to kill you and you seemed uninfected. 

"You are holding drinks and music in that fucking big hall of yours" Alfie says, "Its a fucking ball." 

"Do you know what theses men look like?" John asks. 

"Nah mate, just three men wanting to kill y/n" Alfie responds.

"So the normal" You shrug leaning back in your office chair. 

"Look I just wanted to warn ya" Alfie stands up walking towards the door, "Look out love and make sure you serve my rum." 

With that he walks out, the sound of his heavy boots echoing through the halls as he leaves. You and John make eye contact and you sigh looking away, grabbing two glasses that sit on your desk and the bottle of whiskey. You pour two glasses and slide on opposite to the end of your desk. John stands up, taking the glass as he sits down in the chair opposite you were Alfie once sat.