“Who said he is my friend?” the demon questioned with a smirk. 

“Tell me where the human is,” Michael muttered. He was getting impatient.

“And if I say no, what will you do?” the demon challenged.

Michael wasted no time in killing the demon that he held down. However, the other demon did not even flinch; instead, he had a big grin on his face.

“Is that all?” the demon queried.

Michael frowned. He knew something was off about the demon, and that was when it hit him. He could sense other demons around. He quickly turned to see other demons surrounding him. He cursed softly for his carelessness to pay attention to his environment. He took his stance to fight, but the demon he had been talking to hit him on his head. Michael screamed in pain as he slowly fell to the ground.

The demons around him were saying something, but he couldn't make out any words. His vision became blurry before he fell unconscious. 

                        **** 

Jessie was still sitting quietly in the room. She couldn't find a way to escape. She was in deep thought before the door to the room she was in opened. Jessie watched a man walk in confidently with other demons by his side. She had never seen him before, and judging by the way he looked, she could tell he was a very powerful man.

Maybe he is the demon's leader.’

The man stood and looked intensely at Jessie whilst Jessie tried not to squirm.

“I like her.  She will be good for us. What do you think?” the demon leader asked as he turned to the demons at his side.  

“She will be perfect, Master,” one of the demons replied, making the other demons nod their heads in agreement. 

Why are they speaking about me like I'm not here?’ Jessie questioned herself.

The demon leader took a step forward and raised his hands in an attempt to touch Jessie, but she pushed his hands before they could get to her face. 

“Don't touch me,” Jessie said as she glared at him. “Where is my sister?”  

“Do you want to see your sister?” the demon leader asked. 

“Of course, yes,” Jessie answered. 

“I will make you an offer,” the demon leader said as his eyes roamed Jessie's body. “I will let you see your sister and even let her go in exchange for you staying here.” 

Jessie stood with a deep frown on her face. 

“So, what do you say?” 

“Hell no!” Jessie yelled. 

The demon leader laughed at Jessie. “You don't have a choice,” he spat. “I think I know why you are so confident. You think your Angel friends will come to your rescue, right?”

Of course, yes,’ Jessie wanted to say, but she kept quiet. She knew the Angels would not let her down.

“Bring him inside,” the demon leader ordered. 

Jessie wondered who they were bringing in until the door was opened. She saw two demons holding Michael.

Why isn't he moving?’ she asked herself.

She watched as they dropped him hard on the ground. Jessie immediately rushed to his sides. “What did you do to him?” she yelled at them. “Michael,” she whispered softly