Me Alpha,He Alpha, Yippie or not

***

Lunchtime

***

The only time I saw Chelsea and Lane on school was during the break.

“I assume you all will be there at the meeting tonight.” I said, every Friday evening the pack gathered at five to eat and discuss the weeks problems, either they told me about their problems or  asked for advise. Or I told them the latest developments about the pack. The meeting mostly ended at seven giving the teen population a chance at a social life, but most of the more older  members stayed till ten. I couldn’t really go out, that would really start the rumors. I could almost hear them talk already:

“Did you hear? The Alpha got down and dirty last night.” My future mate will just love that I think. I still believe my destined mate will cross my path one day though I, already, have sat through two mating ceremonies, without finding him.

***

 Afternoon

***

After I brought my friends home, I decided to go for a run around my territory. I jogged into the woods behind my house and took off my clothes. I shifted feeling my bones grow. As a human I’m about 1 metre 70, but as a wolf I reach the 2 metre easily standing on my hind legs. Most wolfs  reach the 1,75 or 1,80, but Alpha’s usually vary from 1,95 to 2,10 so I’m an average sided Alpha. As my bones popped in their places, white hair sprung from my skin. As my paws reached the ground I took off. After all the entire shifting took five seconds, after two rounds around my territory I jogged home. The house was dark when I came home, mom was probably still at work, so I took my key out and opened the door. Tess rubbed her head against me and stalked off to the kitchen. I flipped the kitchen light on and walked right to the bathroom. I didn’t bother turning on the lights in the rest of the house, because I could see just fine without them. So I walked past the living room and walked upstairs.

 I quickly showered, but when I was drying my hair I could hear someone mumbling downstairs. I just assumed it was mom, so I dressed and walked down the stairs carrying the stereo I had borrowed from her.

“Hey, mom.” I said, as I walked into the living room. My mouth fell open with shock and the stereo fell from my hands. In big bright red letters written in blood was a message for me on the wall. ‘You’ll be mine, Alpha.’ On the floor in a puddle of blood was my Tess, my poor, poor baby. A small gasp came from my throat as the door opened and my mother came in followed by a group of pack members. I hid the emotions on my face, though mom had already seen them. The others couldn’t see them, ever. An Alpha didn’t show emotions.

*** 

Evening

***

I was tired and just wanted to sleep, but I couldn’t. Though the pack members were honestly sad for me and pissed because someone threatened their Alpha, the young females and their mothers where excited about the mating ceremony coming up next week and therefore stayed longer.

“I called Alpha Daniel and told him what happened to Tess.” Mom said as she walked up next to me. I didn’t even blink on the outside, but on the inside I just wanted to go outside and howl my pain away. 

“He offered to send his son Drake.” I looked down and said:

“I don’t need a babysitter.’ Mom sighed.

“He’s already coming. Don’t see him as a babysitter, but someone to talk too. Alpha's can’t show pain, but he’s also a future Alpha.” I shrugged and sat myself down on the couch next to Lane. Lane was brushing her red hair and looked at me when I sat down.

“You ok?” she asked. I wanted to scream I was not ok, but I nodded. The front door flung open and a tall guy stood in the doorway. His powerful aura took over the room, my heart started pounding and my hands turned sweaty. He wasn’t a broad, big guy, but he had a trustable face. He had dark half long messy hair and very green eyes. He looked around and walked up to me.

“You must be Alyssa Davis.” He said, kneeling before me. I nodded and swallowed.

“I’m Drake. Dad ordered me to come here as fast as I could.” I smiled politely.

“Thanks for coming.” I said truly grateful, he had come so quickly 

“You want to go for a walk?” Drake asked, holding his hand out to me. I grabbed his hand and got up. We walked outside and shuffled into the woods.

“I’m sorry about your cat.” I tried to hold the tears that welled up in my eyes. He softly grabbed my chin, rubbed his finger along my cheek and said:

“Its okay. I’m not one of your pack members. You can cry.” The tears I held in all day, started to drop. He wrapped his arms around me and softly cooed comforting words in my ear. As I stepped back I noticed his shirt was completely wet. I blushed and looked down.

“sorry bout your shirt.” I muttered. He laughed and placed his hand back under my chin forcing me to look at him.

“You’re cute when you blush, you know?” he said, before closing the distance between our faces. His lips locked on mine and he moaned softly. Though I felt like someone had replaced my brain with sugar, I realized I couldn’t do this. I pulled back, feeling desperate and unwilling, but I had to be strong.

“I can’t do this.” I said looking at the floor. Drake sighed:

“I know.”

“I mean, I will possibly meet my mate next week. What should I tell him.” I asked desperately. He smirked and said:

“Well, you could start by telling your name.” I glared at him.

“Look kissing isn’t really a big deal. As long as you’re a virgin I think he’ll be thrilled.” I lifted my brow and asked him how many girls he kissed.

“One.” He said without blinking. I looked at him in shock and disbelief.

“What? I said it wasn’t a big deal, not that I did it before.” He said, giving me the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. We walked back to the house, while I offered him the guestroom next to mine.