001. stains of the world

Start from the beginning

"Do you want to prove yourself, or not?"

Luke decided he had, in fact, accidentally entered a cult. He had already stolen the master-bolt, for gods' sake! But this was a titan he had sworn himself to. He couldn't back out now.

"How.." he stopped. "How exactly is the twelve years old girl a threat? She doesn't know she's a demigod nor does she seem very violent from your description. And there are lots of demigod daughters of the love goddess that have red hair."

"None with gold eyes. And didn't you say all of her spawn have 'daddy issues,' like you have?"

"Words can hurt."

"The point is," Kronos grumbled. "She is a threat. And I'm no god or Titan of prophecy, but I have a feeling it has a connection with the prophecy of the child of the eldest gods."

"Will reach sixteen against all odds," Luke sang quietly, remembering that his reaction to the prophecy was to make a tune out of it. The dead silence from Kronos shut him up again.

"You know what to, son of Her—"

"Yes, Lord." Luke answered immediately.

ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ* 🔥 * ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿

Val was having quite a nice day.

Her father was currently at work, but he had sent her a call about being home for dinner and cooking her favorite. Val had a lot of favorites, so she didn't bother to guess.

She braided her hair into small little patterns, weaving some small flowers from her garden in. Her long red locks were soft under her touch, almost like blood crimson, but more of a fierce fire, flickering dangerously, tempting fools to burn theirselves. To touch the dancing light, to get hurt in such a dreadful but beautiful way.

Oh, how she despises fire.

Her eyes danced in amusement as her mind wandered with imaginary conversations, debates.

After braiding her hair, she proceeded to make a flower crown. She wasn't very good at it, but she thinks it's good. Like braiding her own hair.

As her hands worked, she looked outside her window and saw that the black night had been painted with stars, and her father should be home any moment.

The doorbell to the house rings, and Valentina hears it.

Her face lights up with a grin, her hazel eyes almost like ivory gold from excitement.

She quickly dropped what she was doing and jumped off the bed, quickly closing the door behind her after exiting. She ran down the stairs, ignoring the concerned call of one of the maids that saw her do it. Others just chuckled, used to it.

Val swung open the front door and ran for the gate, but stopped short in her tracks when she didn't see her father. She saw a package by the small gate, but her father's car was definitely outside.