CHAPTER 43 - 44

Începe de la început

I apologize to him again. Suddenly, the door opened.

It was Tenstheon.

For the first time since Blake was cursed, the emperor came to see him. I had been looking forward to it so much, but my heart sank as soon as I saw Tenstheon.

I asked the emperor over and over again to meet Blake, even for once.

But Tenstheon didn't do the request. But I thought it was the only way to protect Blake.

Tensteon did this on his own accord. It meant Blake's condition was serious.

"Father..."

After patting me on the back, he approached the bed where Blake lay. And after three years, he touched his son's face.

"I'm sorry. This father is too late..."

Tenstheon apologized to his son. But even though his father came, Blake didn't open his eyes.

I approached the emperor.

"It's not too late. This is the beginning."

"He'll be all right. He'll wake up soon."

I answered valiantly, clearing his anxiety.

There was only one time in the original novel when Tenstheon visited Blake. It was after he decided to move his son's curse on him.

I was worried that it might be like that again this time.

"So don't think about anything weird. You have to protect him for a long time."

"I have two children to protect. There's no way I would do anything strange, right?"

"You shouldn't believe in dark magic, just in case."

"Why are you saying that again?"

"Somehow I'm nervous."

"Don't worry because I don't want to be scolded by you, and I'm not interested in that kind of trick."

Tenstheon held my hand firmly.

Yes, I told him that for three years, so he won't be fooled by black magic like the original.

I believe in Tenstheon. He can't leave Blake's side in vain.

"Yes, I'll believe you."

***

Tensteon stepped into the Crown Prince's room. It was the first time since Blake was cursed.

News of Blake's critical condition spread quickly.

But Frank, the eldest son of Duke Cassil and the most likely candidate for the next crown prince, was full of complaints.

"What if the Emperor went to find the monster? Does this make sense? We should take this opportunity to send the monster to the southern island! What the hell are the other nobles waiting for?!"

Frank raised his voice in anger. When Richard saw his half-brother and clucked his tongue, Frank notices him.

"Slave, did you just laugh at me?"

"That's not going to happen. I just wondered why you're going to exile someone who might die today."

"I'll tell the monster to die on the southern island! The monster's presence in the Imperial Palace itself is gruesome!"

Frank is stupid, simple and had to do whatever he wanted to do to relieve his anger. That personality of his got worse as he got older.

Unable to tolerate Blake's presence, Frank was obsessed with kicking him out of the palace.