You're Undead to Me

Start from the beginning

"I was dealing with Damon." He explained.

"And did you? Deal with Damon?" I asked.

"Yes. Yeah." He answered.

"For four days?" I asked with my fake smile plastered on.

"You have every right to be upset with me, but can I explain it all to you, please?" He begged. I thought about it and quickly decided to hear him out.

"Sure. When?" I asked.

"I gotta be home after school, but the grill, around 4:00?" He questioned to see if that worked for me. I nodded.

"OK." I agreed.

"Thanks," he replied. Before we could continue conversing, Caroline walked up to us.

"Stefan? Where's Damon? He has some serious apologizing to do." Caroline asked with her usual perky smile.

"He's gone, Caroline." He informed her.

"When's he coming back?" She asked as her perky smile fell a bit.

"He's not coming back." Stefan replied as Caroline's face fell. I looked over to him, curious about what he had done to Damon. "I'm sorry." Stefan added before walking away. I turned to the disappointed Caroline.

"This is a good thing, Caroline." I said as I rubbed her shoulder in comfort.

"I know that." She mumbled as she continued to have a blank stare.

It was 4:00 and I was at the Mystic Grill looking around for Stefan. I didn't see him but I did spot Matt playing pool. I walked over to him.

"He, Matt, um, have you seen Stefan?" I asked him.

"Nope." he responded. I sighed and started to walk away until Matt called out to me.

"If you want to kill some time, um, you can rack." He offered. I chuckled, tempted by his offer. "Come on. We haven't played in forever. I'll let you break." Matt bargained. I smirked and grabbed a pool stick.

Adelina's POV

I was sitting at a table in the dining room doing some homework whilst Zach was in the kitchen. Suddenly we both heard coughing coming from the basement. I winced as I felt the starvation Damon must be going through. I looked down to try and ignore the coughs and continued to do my homework. When I looked back up again, I saw Zach was out of sight. I slipped out of my chair and furrowed my brows.

"Zach?" I called out to be greeted by silence. Suddenly, I heard a bang come from the basement. I ran down to see Damon choking Zach through the bars of his cell. I ripped Damon's hand off of Zach's throat and flung him back to the floor of his cell. I helped Zach stand up as he gasped for air. Stefan then entered, concern written on his face.

"What happened?" he asked. I nodded my head towards Damon's cell and he walked over to it. "Keep it up Damon. The more energy you expend, the faster you'll go." Stefan shouted to him. He then helped me walk with Zach out of the basement. One thing was for sure, Damon being weak didn't mean he lost his fire inside him. 

Elena's POV

"And there's Vicki, all nonchalant in the bathroom like it's no big deal that they're hooking up." I told Matt as we were playing pool.

"Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. Your brother and my sister, that's weird." He responded.

"Yeah." I agreed. I then looked at my phone to see Stefan was almost an hour late. I sighed and Matt noticed.

"How late is he?" He asked.

"Hitting the hour mark. Hope there's nothing wrong. Which means I'm not talking about boy problems with you." I replied to Matt as he chuckled.