𝗶𝘅. ⋮ mrs. potato head

⚠️TW: mentions of weight, binge eating/not eating at all, and harsh words towards said people. I will put the first words and ends of the dialogue in capital and bold in case you would like to skip past it. ⚠️

𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄,
mrs potato head

FEELING HAPPY was a rare emotion these days

FEELING HAPPY was a rare emotion these days. With school, taxes, jobs and all sorts of adulting things, it felt like you could never take breath and just relax. But moments like these are what made it all worth it.

Music blasting in your ears with a red solo cup in your hand as you sat on the comfortable couch, laughing your head off. The short wood coffee table in front of you was occupied by a drunk and rambling Hange who claimed they had to stand on top of a high surface to get their point across. Along with an equally drunk Pieck who used her past experience as a bartender to mix and match as many drinks she could find.

A party within the walls of Hange's apartment walls for just the three of you.

Just as Hange neared the end of their speech, the music changed and they immediately cut themselves off excitedly. "Oh my god, I love this song!" They gasped.

Pieck gasped as well and looked at you, "Let's dance!" You shook your head and watched nearly in tears as her and Hange began dancing wildly on the table.

Although you wouldn't really call it dancing, more like flinging their limbs around like chicken on ice skates. Watching as Hange's foot nearly slipped, you gasped and reached over to hold their waist before they tumbled down and the three of you stood in silence before the two drunkards bursted into laughter once more. You sighed and chuckled lightly, being the only sober one in the room meant any and all responsibilities fell on you.

Genuinely though, you didn't mind. Nothing had ever felt more refreshing than this moment for you, just being here and having fun with friends was not a luxury you had growing up. You'd forever wonder how people as magnificent as Pieck and Hange came into your life. Angels in disguise.

But the buzzing in your back pocket had pulled your attention away from your intoxicated friends and it only took one read on the contact name to have your mood dropped instantly. You immediately stood up and walked out towards the apartment door.

"Hey, where are you going?" Pieck called out to you

"I'll be right back!"

Shutting the door behind you to drown out the loud music, you picked up the call.

"Mom?"

"Hey hun, how's school?" She asked, you sighed and leaned against a nearby wall

"Good. Kind of hard but-"

"I hope you're keeping those grades up, young lady. We can take away college as quickly as we gave it to you, don't forget that." She threatened sharply, you ignored the ball in your throat and shook your head.