Chapter 1

Heidi walked into the classroom of teacher Mr. Harris. " Where shall I take a seat?" She asked with a kind smile towards the teacher. " Oh, Heidi was it?" The teacher said, turning towards her. " Yes! Heidi Robinson." The teacher pointed to a guy with jet black hair and glasses, who had a book in his hands. " You will be sitting in the empty seat next to him for the rest of the year." She turned to where he was pointing and started skipping towards her seat. " Okay, thank you! " Heidi was not a skinny girl. She loved to cook and she loved to eat. She was aware of her size, but it didn't stop her from being a cheerful soul. Her two favorite colors were baby blue and hot pink. She always wore dresses, and had ribbons in her hair. She loved to meet people and make friends, but she felt unwelcome by everyone, except her family. That didn't stop her from trying though, she knew that the right person would come around eventually and welcome her in open arms.
She set her hot pink trapper on her desk. She looked to her left and said "Why, hello there!" To the boy next to her, reading a book. He slowly turned his head to look at her, he stiffened up and looked as if someone had cut off his circulation. " Are you talking to me?" He said, looking as if he was holding something in. Heidi smiled brightly at him and giggled. " Well who else silly? Nobodies in the classroom yet." The guy stayed quiet, trying to avoid eye contact with her. She suddenly leaned in closer to his face. "Nice to meet you, I'm Heidi!" Caught by surprise, he gasped and blushed, as if that was what he was trying to hold in. Her face still extremely close to his, she said " I hope we can become great friends! May I know your name?" Heidi looked at him in excitement, it was a sintuation where you couldn't ignore her. The guy blushed as he still tried to look serious. " M-my name is... Travis... Travis Payton. H- hello, Heidi." Heidi smiled frantically by his response. " Hi, Travis! Do you like candy?" She asked. " My family owns a candy company. Would you like to try some candy I made myself?" Travis turned his head, " S- sure..." He answered. She grabbed a neatly wrapped piece of candy. "Please tell me your opinion. The flavor is strawberry and watermelon. " She said as she handed it to him. " Ah, thank you." He said, unwrapping the wrapper and throwing it into his mouth. He immediately blushed. She leaned in. " How does it taste?" He looked at her serious, " I've never tasted anything this sweet." " Hmm? It's sugar free, so don't worry about it being mean to your teeth. Okay?" " You made this yourself?" Travis asked her as he closed his book. " Yeah! What do you think?" She asked. " It's amazing... the mix of strawberry and watermelon, mix perfectly."
Heidi lit up happily. " Really?! Why thank you very much! You're the first person to try it!" She sat in her seat. "Heidi?" Travis said. " Yes?" " You're very cute." He said with a smile. Heidi blushed uncontrollably. " Ah thank you that's, uh, very nice." He smiled at her cheerfully, " I mean it." He said, opening his book.
He went back to reading his book, while Heidi was still blushing, shyly looking at the ground. ' He... seems nice. I like him a lot.' She thought to herself. Heidi had never dated anyone. Let alone had a crush. No one had ever flirted with her, no one had ever confessed to her and no one had ever complimented her either. She had never experienced love before. To shorten this up, she was clueless. Heidi had much to learn.