Chapter 14: Upcoming Events

Start from the beginning

-Hey, do you think that Eunju will show up at the office? – Narae asked.

-Uh, I don't know, it depends on how Eunju feels after today. – I deduced, noticing the subtle smirk on Narae's lips. -What happened between you two? I mean, you escaped, but how? – I asked, intrigued.

-The scary part of all was when those two guys were chasing after me once I escaped. But I had fun while fighting with Eunju, and I believe she has a souvenir from that moment. – Narae disclosed, making me chuckle slightly.

-You are a small troublemaker, huh? I will have to keep my eye on you more frequently, Narae. – I said while shaking my head gently, laughing at the expression on Narae's face. -But even though Eunju deserved it, you can't stick to violence in every situation. Okay? – I told Narae, which she nodded for in response.

-I didn't want to go there, but Eunju pulled up a fight first. Anyway, I don't want to remember anything that happened. – Narae sighed while resting her head on my chest.

-Alright, so let's sleep and wait until tomorrow. – I said before kissing Narae's head.

-Good night, Jaemin. – Narae said while smiling at me.

-Good night, Narae. Dream of me. – I teased while smiling back at her.

-Ah, I'll try. – Narae chuckled before closing her eyes.

I admired the girl next to me, finally feeling complete after such a long time. I'm staring at her happily, not wanting this moment to end. Briefly, I held Narae's chin and pecked her lips. She giggled before gently slapping my side, making me laugh slightly. After that, I closed my eyes and got ready to sleep peacefully.

*The next morning*

-Jaemin, wake up. – I heard a soft voice say, making me open my eyes slightly.

I blinked a few times before looking at the gorgeous girl in front of me. Immediately, I smiled and raised my arms to touch her face.

-Morning. – I smiled.

-Finally! Jaemin, hurry up; we have to go to the office before anyone does. – Narae spoke while looking at me.

-Uh, morning kiss. – I complained, making Narae chuckle slightly. And then bent closer and pecked my lips gently.

-Can you stand up now? – Narae questioned before pecking my lips again.

-Aha, I think so. – I chuckled before Narae got off me, letting me stretch my arms. I yawned before looking at Narae, getting everything prepared for today's workday. -Love, why do you want to arrive so early? – I asked while looking at the clock on my bedside table. It's ten past seven.

-I want to make sure that everything is ready before confronting Eunju. – Narae spoke before getting out of the room.

-Confronting Eunju? – I questioned before getting up from the bed, and then I chased after Narae. -What do you mean by that? – I asked, confused.

-Oh, I didn't tell you last night, but Eunju said that she's going to stay more time at the agency. So, I want to see what she does if we arrive before her. – Narae explained before leaving a cup of coffee on the bar's surface.

-That sounds unpleasant, but I guess we'll have to deal with it. – I sighed before taking the coffee and drinking it.

-I know. Right? But we still have work to do; the presentation is in a few days, and we can't get distracted by Ms. Sonu. – Narae pointed out, making me chuckle.

-Ms. Sonu? – I asked, eyeing Narae with curiosity.

-I'm practicing for the soon encounter. – Narae admitted while smiling sarcastically.

-I have to practice too. But it's going to be pretty hard for me. – I pointed out, which Narae nodded for in response.

-You can do it, boss. Remember that we have to make a "good" impression in your father's eyes. – Narae said before kissing my cheek.

-I guess you are right. – I smiled while looking at Narae. -Ah, Narae, also remember that you can't hold hands with our friends anymore. – I told her, enjoying that now I can complain about it.

-Jaemin, it's only Jeno and Chenle. – Narae pointed out, making me sigh while shaking my head.

-And Renjun, Mark, Jisung, and I almost forgot, Haechan. – I completed Narae's sentence, mocking at her words.

-Alright, I get it. Not more holding hands. – Narae said before walking towards me and then sat by my side. -Hurry up, I need you to dress up and get back home. – Narae told me while playing with my hand.

-Are you going to stay here for the last few days? – I questioned while turning around, looking at Narae worriedly.

-Uh, I don't know yet. Perhaps I should try to stay home and see what happens, but if I feel unsafe, I'll inform you. – Narae assured me, which I nodded for in response.

Narae smiled at me before caressing my hair, and then she kissed my cheek softly. I chuckled at her sudden affection but enjoyed feeling her close to me as I always wanted.