2: A Chance Encounter

Start from the beginning

<*>

Reaching the party fashionably late, Gulf sweeps past the groups of women and men vying for his attention – both for his CEO status to help with their businesses and for other physical goals – to reach the large table in the corner where his friends are situated. Mild beelines to kiss his boyfriend as Gulf fake gags at them before greeting Singto, Newie and P'Off.

"P'Gulf, you made it!"

The excited voice has him finding Metawin, the youngest and new member of their group. The lanky omega's parents own the largest furniture and toy manufacturing firms in their country. The typically happy personality of Win is missing though and Gulf is quick to realise why. One glimpse near the end of their table is enough to understand what's going on.

He greets this pale faced Nong while figuring out the best way to get rid of simpering vultures roaming near his tanned friend. The problem with throwing and attending these parties is that desperate women and men are happy to use them as hunting grounds to trap rich, eligible and successful parties in scam relationships. Gulf has seen this kind of stuff happen since he was fourteen when his parents first took him to attend business parties. Now, he's not worried Bright will become a prey to these kinds of conniving people because they are best friends for a reason. Both the alphas have a lot of similar qualities and interests, being reticent towards other's attentions a major mutual trait. Except Bright is lot more polite and inclined to be nicer when dealing with people than Gulf. 

Still, tonight is about his promise of helping his junior succeed in getting Bright as his boyfriend. Win genuinely loves Bright as evidenced throughout the years of their friendship and plus, Gulf can see they complement each other well. Now, all he had to do is plant the seed inside his best friend's mind that Win is someone he can have a shot with and most importantly, no longer a kid like Bright insists on treating.

Guess, his duty starts immediately. The only reason he tricked the alpha into throwing a party last minute is because the atmosphere tends to be useful in creating romantic scenarios and he planned to nudge Bright into either dancing or taking a stroll with Win. Hmm, looks like he even has to play bodyguard on top of cupid and keep others away from Bright for the rest of the night.

After all's said and done, Bright is going to owe him so freaking much!!

Signaling Win to follow, Gulf reaches the group of giggling ladies surrounding a tall figure clad in blue two-piece suit. The girls gasp and flutter their eyelashes upon noticing him, all but one. The red-head dressed in a silver body-hugging mini-dress is busy leaning into Bright's personal space even when the alpha in question isn't hiding his distaste.

"Gulf! You're here, finally." Bright drawls, eyebrows scrunched together in annoyance.

"Ya..almost decided to ditch but fortunately for you, Mild nagged till I gave in."

Gulf studies the glaring girl now giving up all pretenses and directly clinging onto Bright's arm like a stubborn koala. He casually moves near in guise of patting his friend's shoulder and dislodges the girl from Bright's person. Now that Gulf is close enough there's no mistaking it. The scarlet wrench is an omega. Typical.

Don't get him wrong. Gulf respects all secondary genders equally and isn't a portion of the small despicable section of douchebags that look down on omegas as playthings and objects of gratification. Yet, it is also true that most of the gold-diggers' he came across also happened to be Omegas intend of scheming wealthy alphas, even going to the extent of getting pregnant to tie them down.

So, no Gulf doesn't hate all Omegas but he is wary of them. Well, most of them. He knows Alphas and omegas make for excellent matches bloodlines wise and one of the ways to know your mate (people with potential to be the right ones) is through scents. Something these girls are planning on taking advantage of judging by the obvious scent-enhancers they applied. Particularly, the petite omegan girl seems too focused on Bright ... maybe, she is nursing a crush on top of her ambition to become Mrs. Vachirawit? Like hell is he going to let these scheming hyenas interfere with his matchmaking project. And if Gulf has to sacrifice himself to a night of horrors to make that happen, then so be it. Turning towards Win, he makes sure the nong understands his intentions and proceeds to fling himself in front of the wolves.