Charles Leclerc - First Grand Prix

"Hey." I say as I answer the FaceTime from Charles. "Hi baby. I was wondering if you would want to come with me to the Melbourne Grand Prix next weekend?" He asks. "Oh yes I would love that. That would be awesome." I say with a smile. "Great," he says, his smile growing. "That sounds amazing. When would we leave for Melbourne?" I ask. "We fly on Tuesday morning. Maybe you can get here on Sunday. Then we can spend Monday together." He says. "Ok sounds perfect. I'm going to book my tickets right now." I say with a smile.

We chat for a little longer. I yawned and Charles suddenly looks panicked. "Whats wrong?" I ask. "Am I keeping you up? I'm sorry baby. Go to sleep. I'll see you in two days. Bye." He says. I smile at his thoughtfulness even though it's earlier here in the UK than it is in Monaco. "Goodnight baby." I say and end the call.

We got together during the winter break so this will be my first Grand Prix I have ever attended. I have been a fan of formula one for a long time. I bumped into Charles last year while he was here for the Silverstone Race. We spoke every day since and he flew here at the beginning of the winter break to ask me out in person. It was very adorable.

My loud alarm wakes me up at the crack of dawn. I shut off my alarm and climb out of bed. It's currently 3 am and I have to be at Heathrow before five so I can check in for my flight at 7. I grab the last few things before racing out my apartment to my car.

After checking in, I grab some coffee before walking to the gate for my flight. I can't sit still as my excitement grows.

I walk out the arrivals part of the airport and don't see Charles anywhere. I hear a loud engine roar and look down the road. I spot a bright red Ferrari weaving through the airport traffic. "There is only one person that can be." I say to myself, shaking my head. I wave at Charles and he pulls over in front of me. He almost jumps out the car and walks around. "Hi baby." I say with a smile and almost jump into his arms.

After maneuvering my suitcase into the boot of the car. I climb in and Charles revs the engine really loudly which causes stares from almost everyone. "Charles really?" I ask with a smile. "You have to do that with a car like this. It just has to be done." He says with a smile, I laugh as he pulls off onto the road.

The rest of Sunday was us spending time together in his apartment in Monte Carlo. I have been here once before in the past three months and it doesn't loose it's 'wow' factor.

~

Today I'm finally going to go to a Grand Prix track. It is free practice 1 and 2 today and I have been dreaming of this moment my entire life. I put on the outfit I planned for today. I let my hair down and grab my sunglasses, placing them on my head. I shove my phone in the pocket on my shorts. "Are you ready?" Charles asks me. "As ready as I can be." I say, a little nervous as this is my first public appearance as his girlfriend. He grabs my hand and leads me out the hotel room down to where a car is waiting to take us to the track.

Charles climbs out the car and holds out his hand. I grab it as I climb out the car after him. I run a hand through my hair then shut the door behind me. I scan my paddock pass and then place it around my neck.

The hustle and bustle of the paddock is almost hypnotic. People all over, tyres being wheeled around and the sound of the roaring fans. I slow down and watch in wonder. Charles notices that I stopped and he turns around. "Y/n? Are you ok?" He asks which breaks me out of my trance. "Sorry what did you say?" I ask walking up to him. He laughs. "Come, Let's go." He says and holds out his hand. I grab it and the two of us make our way across the paddock.

"This way. I have something to do first and then I have some free time and I will introduce you to as many of the other drivers as possible." Charles says, taking my hand as we walk towards the bright red Ferrari garage. "Where I can grab some water?" I ask him. "Yes, just go in there and ask." He says pointing to the bright red building directly across from the garage. "Ok, thanks babe." I say and kiss his cheek before leaving him to prepare.

I walk up the steps and as the doors open automatically I hear something. "Sorry? Would you mind if I talk to you quickly?" I hear from behind me. I turn around to find an older man standing at the bottom of the steps. "Yes of course." I say and walk back down to talk to him.

"Hi, my name is Kim Illman." He says, holding out his hand. I shake it. "Y/N Y/L/N." I say with a smile. "I saw you with Charles earlier. What's your relation to him?" He asks. Wow, straight to the point. "Oh, I'm his girlfriend." I say, it still feels surreal to be able to say that. "Really? How did you guys meet?" He asks.

"Last year, the week before the Silverstone Grand Prix. I was walking around the town my parents live in, which is very close to the track, and I literally bumped into him. He walked around a corner the same time I did and I smacked into him. He bought me coffee to apologize and since then we have been talking and at the beginning of December he finally asked me out." I say with a smile. "Oh that's wonderful." He says. After, he asked if he could take some photos of me. Which I agreed to.

I grab a bottle of water along with an apple and make my way back to the Ferrari garage. As I walk in someone walks out. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" He yells at me. "I'm sorry I thought I was supposed to come this way. Where can I find Charles?" I ask him. "Like I'm going to tell some rando where Charles Leclerc is." He retorts. "Well "some rando" just happens to be my girlfriend. So back off before I get you fired for talking to her like that." I hear Charles say from behind him. The man turns around, his eyes wide with fear. Charles stands there, arms crossed and very upset. "Sorry man I didn't know." The man says before scurrying off. Charles walks up to me and wraps me in a hug. "Sorry about that. Let's go introduce you to the drivers." He says happily but I can tell he is still upsets out what just happened.