Chapter 4

<Mako>

It was 2 weeks after Wu's panic attack. We'd made up the day after. Today, Korra and I were on a date.

The date was going well, at first, but then I said something that pissed Korra off and she started yelling at me.

"I honestly can't believe you, Mako!" Korra screamed.

I was done. "Look, Korra, I can't deal with this anymore!" I yelled back. "I can't deal with you getting angry at everything I do! I think it's time we went our separate ways." I said that last part in a normal voice.

"So you're... breaking up with me?" Korra asked.

"Yeah, I am." I said. "I'm sorry, Korra."

"I- UGH!" Korra stormed away.

I sighed and looked down. I'd finally broken up with her. That was what I wanted, right? Then why did it hurt so much?

"Yeesh, man, that's gotta sting." Someone next to me remarked. "Eh, she seemed like a prick anyway."

I looked next to me. Some small kid was standing there. They had black hair that was pulled up into space buns and bangs that covered their eyes. They were also wearing a yellow-green tank top and camo cargo pants. They were holding a slushie from a nearby food stand and, for some reason, they had no shoes.

"Who... are you, exactly?" I asked the kid.

"The Melon Lord." They said flatly, taking a sip of their half-empty slushie.

"What?"

They rolled their eyes. Or, at least, that's what I think they were trying to do. "The name's Toph. I'm a girl. She/her."

"Oh, cool." I said.

Toph was staring up at me.

"What?" I demanded.

"You gonna tell me your name, Mr. Heartbreaker?" She asked.

"Oh, my name's Mako." I said.

"Cool. Now, Mako, I gotta tell ya something."

"What is it?"

"Some guy's been following you and that girl around for the past hour." Toph informed me. "Should probably see who that is."

"What do they look like?" I asked, looking around.

"Wow, a great question to ask a blind girl." Toph rolled her eyes.

"What!?"

"I'm blind, asshole!" Toph jabbed a thumb behind her. "The guy's behind that shrub over there."

"You're what- you know? Never mind."  I walked towards the shrub (and away from that kid). When I got there, I saw my brother, Bolin, seemingly arguing with his ferret, Pabu.

"No, Pabu! That would never work!" Bolin whisper-yelled. "We need a plan to get them back together, not drive them further apart! Korrako has to work out!"

"Bolin, what the hell are you doing?"

"Wah!" Bolin jumped up, grabbing Pabu. "Mako... my dude! My bro! How are you this fine afternoon?"

I sighed. "Korra and I aren't getting back together, Bolin. I've made up my mind."

"Aww why not?" He pouted, raising Pabu in front of his face.

"I'm just... done with girls right now." I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Done with girls, you say?" Bolin smirked at me. "Okay, then, Mako, I could put in a good word for you to a few boys I know." He said, looking at his fingernails.