“You both go ahead without me. I am not in a mood for a movie.” I told them.

“Ok. Come on we will drop you.” Matt said.

“Don’t be silly you guys get going I will just walk. I think I need some fresh air and also you will be getting late for the movie.” I said to matt.

“Ok bye.” They both said leaving after hugging me. We three have been friends forever. We were not popular nor unpopular in school. We just didn't care about anything and enjoyed our lives. 

I stood up and started walking to my home. It’s not that far just a few blocks away. And also I want my mind to freshen up. Just one week I told myself sighing.

I was just too busy in my thoughts, that I didn’t know how I reached the park which is near our house. I just went inside and sat on the bench and continued my thoughts about my future, about all my dreams and fantasies since I was a child. I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn’t see someone sitting beside me until they cleared their throat.

I jumped a little because I got startled and saw that Chris is sitting beside me raising an eyebrow.

“Hey what are you doing here? Do you know You just gave me a heart attack.” I asked him accusingly.

He just rolled his blue eyes, “who told you to be so deep in thoughts and not caring what’s happening around you. You could have been in danger you know.” He told me with concern.

Now it’s my time to roll my eyes, “Come on Chris who are here to hurt me. And who dare to hurt me. And see I am in one piece totally safe.” I told him.

“Anyway what are you thinking about so intently?” he asked me curiously.

“With 18th birthday in one week what else will I be thinking about of course about my mate.” I told him in a duh tone.

“What’s there to think so deeply?” Chris asked me.

“What’s there not to think Chris. I have a lot of ‘what ifs’ going on inside my mind. And the worst question is what if he rejects me.” I told him.

I don’t know why even I talked to him about it but I know he will give me some advice. Even though he is my brother’s best friend he always had a soft spot for me and helps me in some decisions. He is great friend of mine.

Out of nowhere he hold my hand, I just looked at him and looks like he is debating with himself to say about something like that but couldn’t. I don’t know what is running in his mind now.

“What is it Chris? You know you can say anything to me right.” I told him calmly.

He closed his eyes and opened them and said “I like you.” He just blurted it out.

To say I was shocked is an understatement.

“What????” I just couldn’t believe he even said that to me.

“I know. I know. I shouldn’t have said that but I just panicked thinking that I won’t have a chance to say it again. I can say that you are surprised. But I liked you from a long time and I am halfway in love with you. I hope that you turn out to be my mate. I wish that with my whole heart.” He told me very seriously.

I don’t know what to say. To be Honest I had this teeny tiny crush on him when I was a teenager. I mean who wouldn’t have crush on him? He is hot and sensitive guy. But this I didn’t expect. I don’t even know how to respond to him.

Sighing he continued “Look I am just saying it now because if I turned out to be your mate we will live happily ever after for sure. If not it’s ok we will stay friends. But keep it in your mind that if your mate hurts you I will always be there to protect you ok. I promise to always be your protector.” He said with a small smile.

“I seriously don’t know what to say. But thanks for the honesty Chris. Whoever your mate will be, she will be very lucky to have you. Trust me.” I told him smiling.

“Thanks. Ok I have to go for the pack meeting. Go home safely. Open your mind link ok. Just be safe.” He said to me by getting ready to leave.

“Ya ya sure I am not a child you know. I can take care of myself.” I said to him.

“Cool cool . Bye take care.” He told me leaving.

“You too.” I said to his leaving figure.

After 5minutes I started leaving park to my home.

I thought after talking to Chris I will be relieved from worries, but now it feels like they just got doubled. It will be great to have him as my mate. He will be a great mate and I get to stay in my own pack with my family and friends.

I never thought of liking somebody, I just know that I will have a mate in future and I will give my whole heart to him. So I am just a little surprised after hearing his confession.

I need to shut my brain completely now I don’t think I can have any other thought anymore. I will immediately be consumed with head ache. If I am restless like this I don’t know how much my wolf is.

‘Hey how are you doing there’ I asked my wolf.

‘Me I am perfectly fine. You are the one thinking overly’ my wolf said.

‘Hey aren’t you thinking about our mate’ I asked her.

‘Of course I am, but I am not overly thinking like you. Whatever happens I will be totally fine. And we know that our mate will love us. There is no reason to not to. So I am great.’ My wolf said.

In just matter of seconds I think I got my answers. Talking to your wolf about your problems is the best thing to do. They always know what to do.

I just have to wait for the moment I guess.