Soon, Dream gave up after about an hour of searching, and was about to turn back before he got too lost, when he heard loud wailing from the girls bathroom across the hall.

He moved in that direction, and then paused, grimacing slightly. What would people say if they saw him entering a girls bathroom.

But the wails were pretty loud, and Dream felt bad for briefly considering leaving someone sobbing in the bathroom. Maybe he could help? Or Just leave them?

He sighs before opening his mouth. "Hey, are you okay?" Dream asked tentatively as he stepped into the bathroom, briefly wondering if it was even functional.

The floor was coated in water, but Dream ignores it as he walked across the floor, shoes starting to soak, the entire time.

The wailing ceased, and a tense silence fell throughout the room.

All the bathroom stalls were open and the room seemed entirely empty, which was weird since Dream could've sworn there was someone in there a minute ago.

"You're not Harry."

Dream stayed calm but he felt chills ran down his whole body. He relaxed slightly as he saw the ghost of a girl with thick glasses float out of one of the stalls. Just another one of Hogwarts' weird ghosts that seemed to have no idea that they didn't belong in the human world.

"Usually no one ever cares," the girl sniffed, rubbing her hand under her nose. "Poor old Myrtle, stuck in the bathroom. Nobody but Harry ever comes visit me."

"Uh… are you okay?" Dream asked, unsure of how to comfort a ghost. The most experienced with ghosts he got was with Ghostbur but even then that was just Wilbur acting like a ghost at times.

She nodded slightly. "Who are you?"

"I'm Dream." He offered his hand out in greeting, which she looked at it in slight disbelief, and Dream realized that she was a ghost and couldn't shake hands. His face flushed a deep red, under his mask, and he retracted his hand, wiping it on his jeans in embarrassment. "I was just, uh, walking around and I heard you crying. Is there anything I can do?"

"Why do you have a mask, on?" she asks softly, ignoring the question.

"Just personal reasons." Dream said as he rubs the back of his neck. He then felt his mask being removed slowing. He blinks as he stares at the ghost girl but he didn't mind that she took off his mask.

"You look like him but with blonde hair." She said to him as she held the mask before it fell through her hands.

"Who?" Dream asks her as he tilts his head. He had done his research, and noticed some striking similarities between himself and his grandfather besides his hair.

"Tom," Myrtle answered, before retreating back to her stall.

Which made Dream make a face before picking up his mask from the floor and placing it back on.

Tom Riddle, or rather, Lord Voldemort, his dear ol' grandfather. He wished that people would stop comparing him to the guy even if he does tend to act like a power hungry villain.

It was insufferable when you roleplay a villain, people would constantly tell you, you're a bad person and you propably are someone not to be trusted.

"You knew him?" Dream questioned softly, hoping that the ghost was still there and hadn't disappeared into the pipes below.

"Of course, everyone knew Tom!" She popped up again as quickly as she had disappeared. "He was quite popular, you know. A real lady's man. Of course—"

She trailed off, leaving the room in an uncomfortable silence.

"Of course…" Dream prompted gently before letting out a small quiet huff.

She just stared at him impassively, sniffing slightly, with fresh tears welling at her eyes.

Dream gave up on the grandfather front, realizing it wasn't about to get him anywhere. "You said you knew Harry?"

Myrtle sniffed again, wiping her hand across her nose. "He used to visit, along with those friends of his," she said scathingly. "They brewed some dreadful potion a few years back, and went down… there." She loosely waved at the sink, a grimace on her face.

"I was hoping he wouldn't make it out, you know, so I could finally have some company around here. But of course he did, and never really came back to visit." She sunk to the floor, and promptly started sobbing again. "Poor, stupid, Myrtle, all along with no friends," she wailed.

"Down there?" Perhaps, there was a secret passage in the castle after all. Yet, he felt bad for the ghost girl. He knows what it's like to be lonely.

The ghost made no response, instead focusing on wailing, and Dream cringed at the sound as it was hurting his ears. He starts to walk, not before grabbing his mask and putting it back on.

As he approached the sink that Myrtle had mentioned, he began to notice small snake engravings on the surface. He reached down, and gently touched one, fighting back a shiver that rushed through him.

Dream didn't know how he knew, but it almost reeked of sheer power, and he fought the urge to step back but he couldn't help but feel drawn in and tempted to control the power. His eyes flashed red before going back to there emerald green color.

Twisting the knob on the sink, Dream realized that it wasn't functional, and probably had been broken for quite some time. He couldn't feel the constant rushing of water in the pipes that should have been there, and he knew that he probably found the place.

"Myrtle, how did Harry open the passage?"

"He just kind of… hissed at it. Like a snake," she sniffed. "He's a parseltongue, just like Tom was."

Dream filed the parseltongue information for later, and instead focused on the matter at hand. It seemed that his suspicions about a secret area were correct, and he was at the brink of gaining entrance.

So Dream kneeled down, staring eye to eye with one especially large stone snake. He glares at it as he normally don't like humiliating himself.

As Dream continues to stared deep into the snake's emerald eyes, willing it to open the passage. The gem briefly flickered, and Dream found himself, if only for a moment, truly believing that he was staring at a real snake.

He found his mouth moving by itself, seemingly in a trance, making hissing sounds in a strange language that Dream didn't understand.

And then, the moment was over, and Dream found himself having no idea what he just said.

But the sinks slid apart in a way that made Dream mouth slide open in amazement, and wonder how magic was really this awesome.

Dream smirks under his mask. He soon slid down into the darkness.

___________

:)