Untitled Part 12

Haise pov

I passed Hinami the books that I brought for her. She gave me a sad smile as she took the books. Hinami:" Thanks Kaneki." Haise:" I told you that's not who I am." Hinami:" Im sorry old habits die hard. But your wrong you are the boy who I use to know. Deep inside of you. Your the same boy who use to teach me how to read." A flash went through me. Hinami was reading a poetry book. Hinami:" Kaneki what does this word mean?" Kaneki:" Oh that means cloudburst. Its when a big rain storm comes out of nowhere." Hinami looked outside as rain started to fall. Hinami: " You mean like that?" I chuckled and patted her head. I came back into reality as she still gave me that sad smile. Hinami: " If Kaneki was really gone you wouldve let the ccg' s reaper kill me." I didn't have a response for that one.

Yn pov

I watched the agents dance on the floor. The ccg held an annual mixer. I wasn't a fan of these. I didn't like big crowds. I downed my fourth glass of wine. I needed to make sure that my squad and I get plenty of rest the next few days. We were scheduled to wipe out the Tsukiyama family and Rose. Furuta:" Im suprised to see you all alone." Furuta sat next to me. Yn:" I never know what to do at these parties." Furuta:" Do whatever you want. Mingle, dance, drink. " Yn:" I don't like to dance." Furuta:" Nonsense I'm sure your a lovely dancer. Why don't we test out my theory." Before i could interject Furuta pulled me to the dance floor. He placed his hand on my waist and wrapped his other hand around me. Furuta:" I knew it. You move splendidly on the dance floor." Yn:" Awhile ago you said I reminded you of someone. A childhood friend?" Furuta smiled. Furuta: " Actually you remind me of my half sister. She had a strong passion in her to indulge on life's pleasures. Since I can remember she always had fire in her eyes. She fought hard to always get what she wanted. But she was also very selfish. Id like to think that she cared for me as much as I did her but I'll never know. She was also very foolish and irresponsible. She lacked control which always got her into trouble. " Yn:" And you think I'm like that?" Furuta spung me when he pulled me back to him he tightly embraced me. I felt his breath on the back of my neck. Furuta:" Yes but you have what she lacked. You care about others deeply. You'll sacrifice yourself to save the people you love." I felt Furuta sniff my hair. Furuta:" I wish she had that trait then she wouldve been perfect. Don't ever change Yn."

Yn pov

The rose extermination was chaos. We tried to stick to the plan but we lost formation in the chaos.
I heard over the radio that Haise was fighting the owl. I gasped as I pictured Eto. No! He's gonna need help with her! I started making my way towards his location when the director contacted me on my earpiece. "Yn your squad needs you." Yn:" But Haise.." "Haise is doing fine. Your squad is fighting a SS. Get there now !" YN:" Copy that." I didn't want to leave Haise but if anyone could handle Eto its him. The quinx have improved but not enough to handle a SS. I made my way to the quinx. My eyes widened as I saw the mess they were in. They were in battle with Noro. Several investigators were dead. Urie was wounded laying on the ground. An investigator stabbed Noro in the head. Investigator: "I'm begging you just stay down this time!" I remember Noro from Aogiri. Other than Eto hes the one who gave me chills. Ive never seen a ghoul as powerful as him. His regenerative abilities were insane. The ccg gave him a SS rating but his report said that was still under determination. It's gonna take more than that to take him down. Yn:" Get away from him!" I was too late his kagune came out and killed the investigator. I helped Urie to his feet. I shot my kagune at Noro. I stabbed him in the chest and his head. But nothing! He didnt even flinch. He relased his kagune towards me. Tooru wrapped her kagune around my waist and pulled me out of the way. Saiko released her kagune. The windows shattered around us. Noro's Torso started flying back. Shiraz threw his quinque into his Torso. Then Noro's Torso was scattered into pieces. Saiko fell to her knees. Shiraz grabbed his quinque. Shirazu:" Damn this quinque is sick. Ill have to use  it more often. Urie and I smirked at him. Then Shirazu was thrown into the wall. Urie:" Youve got to be kidding me!" Noro's body molded back together. Yn:" Urie!" Urie:" I know!" Urie and i lunged towards Noro from opposite sides. Urie sliced Noro in the neck. I plunged my kagune into Noro. Noro released his kagune. He stabbed Urie in the leg. Shirazu released his kagune and he started running towards Noro. I could tell he was overexerting himself. Yn:" Shirazu wait!.." I spit up blood as Noro stabbed me in the gut. Shirazu pulled his kagune out of his body and threw it at Noro. There was an explosion. The walls crumbled. Dust filled the room. Urie and I shakily made our way to our feet. Urie:" You alright?" I coughed as the dust wafter over me. Yn:" Yeah." The dust cleared. Noro was in pieces everywhere. A smile appeared on Urie and I's face. We saw Shirazu in the distance he smiled at us. But then we realized Shirazu had a hole in his stomach. Shirazu smiled at me and Urie. "Do you think that was enough?" he said. Then he collapsed. Me and Urie along with Tooru and Saiko ran towards him. Urie placed his hand underneath Shirazu's shoulders and sat him up.Shirazu:" I think I over did it guys." Urie's eyes widened at the hole in Shirazu. Urie gave me a terrified look. I got on my earpiece and called for a medic. Shirazu:" wheres Mr. Sas? " I saw that he was starting to heal but I don't think he's healing quick enough. His guts are completely torn out. Urie:" He'll be here. Your gonna be ok. Your already healing." Urie:" You just gotta hold on for the medics to get here." I got back on my earpiece trying to reach Haise. There was no answer. Shirazu:" Guys... where did you go?" Urie gasped. Saiko and Torru looked shocked. Urie:" Where right here. Shirazu can you hear me?" Shirazu:" Guys please don't leave me alone." Torru:" Shirazu we're here!" Saiko:" We won't leave you. I promise we're here." Shirazu:" I guess this is what dying is like.I...Ill miss you guys." Urie:" Stop it the medic is on their way you'll be fine! Shirazu...hey talk to me!" Shirazu's eyes went dark. Urie shook him. Urie:" Shirazu! " I placed my hand on Urie's shoulder. Yn:" He's gone Urie." Urie slowly placed Shirazu's body down. I embraced Urie he wrapped his arms around me as he cried on my shoulder. I wish I could say something to help ease Urie's pain but there was nothing. I heard someone walking up to us. Urie slowly pulled away from me. Urie stood up. I looked over my shoulder. Haise stood over us. He had a blank expression on his face as he stared at Shirazu. Urie:" He asked for you! You should of been here if you were this wouldn't of happened!" Kaneki:" So this is my fault? If your going to blame someone blame your own incompetence. " Haise kneeled down next to Shirazu. Haise placed Shirazu's hand on Shirazu's stomach. I watched Him in confusion. Kaneki? Haise? Who was that? Urie dropped to his knees. I wrapped my arms around him. Yn:" It wasn't your fault Urie. There was nothing else you could have done." Urie wrapped his arms around me. Yn:" I should of made it here sooner." Urie:" Don't blame yourself at least you were here."