#1 Please Find Attached

Start from the beginning

"How can I help you, Mr. Maheshwari?"

Vishambhar lowers his gaze. He knows this is not going to be easy, he's aware that Abir along with the Rajvanshs must hate him and his family to the core. Whatever he is going to say now might even add on to that hatred. Yet he's here to take a chance - not for himself but for his daughter, his Mishti.

And he will do anything to convince Abir today.

"You must be wondering, Abir, why I'm here after so long. I don't know if you'll ever be able to forgive me or not but I need your help, Abir. And this is not about me but about my daughter."

Abir's tries to ignore the sobs but Vishambhar finds words to offer.

"Would you allow Mishti to join you?"

The mention of Mishti is like scrounging an old wound. No, he doesn't know anything about that girl, he doesn't even want to. The reason being very direct - this girl named Mishti unintentionally became the reason for whatever wrong happened between Maheshwaaris and Rajvanshs.

Once again Abir tries to read his face intently. How can this man have the audacity to reappear in his life and bring up the past like it's nothing? Vishambhar's eyes are a little moistened, his face is dull and he looks weak, emotionally. What might have happened that Vishambhar Maheshwari, the proud and confident businessman, is wearing such a miserable look on his entire persona? Abir Rajvansh is a psychologist and no matter how hard Vishambhar tries to act strong, his facade can be easily removed. Frankly Abir doesn't even have any sympathy for the man sitting in front of him. But the question keeps lingering in his mind.

What happened to Vishambhar's family?

And Mishti? Why is she not alright?

"Abir Beta, I know you've every possible reason to not accept my request yet I'd like to believe that you'll give me a chance to correct my mistakes. Before that, may I please know where Mehul is?"

Vishambhar's words bring Abir back to the moment. And the mention of Mehul brings back the flame of agony. A hot teardrop escapes his eye.

"Abir Beta? Where is Mehul?"

"He died."

"What?"

"Two years ago, Baba left this world and I wonder Mr. Maheshwari, how come you act so shocked? Please don't pretend."

Vishambhar lowers his head. Abir's sharp words are not as painful as what he feels right now. Mehul is dead. The one Vishambhar has been desperate to meet since he came back to India is dead. And now if he shows his sadness it'll be termed as pretension and he can't help it. Isn't this the exact reputation he has in front of the Rajvanshs? But he can't let this break his heart now.

And Abir is still looking straight at him.

"How.. How did this happen, Abir?"

"He had a cardiac arrest."

Vishambhar breaks down. How long do you expect a man to contain all his emotions to himself? And when the ice doesn't melt, you have to break it to get rid of it. If that means shattering into a million pieces, so be it. More than an employee Mehul was his best friend. Had Vishambhar not developed this business rivalry after Mehul left the company, things would have been better.

Much much better.

"We cannot escape our destiny nor can we change the past. The only option left is make sure that our present is on the right track so that our futures are somewhat safe. There is no point in wasting time for something that is already gone, instead focusing on the moment we are in makes life a little easier. The main point being, even if you regret for your past it makes no sense in your present."