"Alright just take a sip of this and we'll begin." Hermes' voice interrupted my thoughts and brought me back to the present. He held it out in front of me and hesitantly I took a sip of the dark liquid. It burned slightly on the way down but other than that it was alright. He pulled it away from my lips and brought it over to Owen who took a sip as well.

Maybe Hermes exaggerated a bit when it came to the pain that we would be feeling. Nothing was happening and I wasn't sure if I should speak up and say something or not. Turning my head I looked over to Owen who shrugged his shoulders at me thinking the same thing as me.

"Umm...Shouldn't it be doing something by no-" I couldn't even finish my train of thoughts as a warmth began to creep into my veins. It was obviously caused by the drink but it wasn't painful just a nice warmth that kind of made me feel like I was wrapped up in Set's arms.

But that soon ended when the warmth began to climb until it started feeling uncomfortable and I squirmed a bit in my seat trying to ease the burn. Soft whimpers came from besides me as Owen began to burn up as well. I threw my arm over the side of the chair and reached out for Owen. He turned his head slightly to the right to look at me and quickly grasped my hand with his own.

The burn went from soothing warmth to raging inferno in a matter of seconds and I screamed out in distress. My other hand reacted on it's own pulling up to scratch at my neck, trying in vain to claw at whatever it was that was now coursing through our veins.

"Is that supposed to happen?" I could faintly hear Damien growl.

"Yes, now shut up." Hermes snapped.

Opening my eyes I tried to catch someone, anyone's eyes to help. My vision began to blur but my eyes did catch a certain pair filled with more hurt than the rest. When our eyes caught he must have seen something in mine that caused him to race over to me. Set grabbed onto my other hand and a soothing calm raced through me easing the pain just a bit but it wasn't like it was gone completely it was just transferred from me to someone else. 

"Shit..." Set's deep voice muttered and in an instant I knew he was carrying some of our burden.

'Stop Set...' I muttered over our link. It was the best I could do in this situation. If I opened my mouth again I would cry out in pain. My teeth were clenched so hard that I was sure that one of them would chip anytime soon.

'No.' He was adamant in his speech and I knew there was no way he would listen to me or let go. His grip on my hand tightened as I was lost in my own mind. Images began to flicker behind my closed eye lids and I couldn't place them but then it hit me.

My memories.

They were my memories. I couldn't quite grasp hold of them but they were there, flickering in and out like a movie reel moving too fast and the all of a sudden blackness. It was all dark. There was a soft humming in the background though, something that just made me think of home.

The pecuilar humming began to become clearer and it sounded as if a woman was humming lowly. Her soft melodious voice surrounding me like a blanket, warming me from the inside out. My vision began to clear and there I was, lying in a bed underneath my favorite blanket. How did I know it was my favorite? I just knew.

"You have to go to sleep now baby. Mommy needs to leave now." I turned my head to the woman and I felt like crying. I wanted to bawl my eyes out at seeing her and all I could do was just lie there and stare up at her. Her dark brown hair fell around her face as she stared down at me with all the love in the world. "You too Owen." She smiled brightly.

Turning my head to the side I looked into Owen's eyes knowing that he was right there experiencing it with me. He looked no older than four or five and if I didn't know that this was serious I'd coo over his cuteness. Neither of us could change anything that was happening in the memory no matter how much we wanted to. If I could I would throw myself at her and wrap my arms around her, never letting her go.