Chapter 0 - The Beginning of the End

In a burning city, sounds of screaming are heard. Screams filled with pain and agony. There, seen a child walking aimlessly with terror on his face, hearing the horrible screams of the people around him. Unable to do anything, he keeps walking. The fire and smoke gets bigger, the child falls to the ground, but he doesn't give up. He keeps crawling, away from the fire.

The fire starts to grow even bigger, trapping the child inside a wall of fire. He looks up to the sky, seeing the moon. Thinking this is his last moment, he reaches for the moon. He's on the verge of death, when a hand grabs his hand. He hears a sound of a woman, crying happiness, as if she was the one being saved. As she hugs him tightly, he hears the woman say...

?? : "Thank you"

The child wakes up on a bed in a room, he looked around the unfamiliar room. A couple minutes later, a person comes and is surprised by the child. She quickly checks the child, and finds out he's in a good condition. The child ask the medic

 The child ask the medic

Child : "Where am I?"

Medic : "You are currently in Rhodes Island, we treated you until you're awake"

Medic : "Do you remember anything?"

Child : "...no..."

Medic : "Oh...is that so, that's okay, everything is fine now"

Child : "Umm, do you know the one who brought me here?

Medic : "The medics in the refugee camp brought you here"

Child : "Is that so..."

Medic : "Did you mean the person who saved you?"

Child : "Um...yes"

Medic : "I'll call her, she's been worrying since you were moved here"

Child : "Uh...ok"

After the check-up, the medic leaves the child.

A while later a woman enters the room. The child seems to recognize the woman. The woman comes close to the child.

Woman : "Hey, you okay?"

Child : "Yes, I'm okay"

Woman : "That's good, I worried that you wouldn't wake up. But, I'm glad you're fine"

The woman smiles

Woman : "Ah, I haven't introduce myself have I? My name is Ch'en Hui-chieh, you can call me Chen"