sixteenth ❀ irl

| MAISY |

"good morning, maisy," lennon greeted me as i dropped onto one of her kitchen chairs and slumped over her counter. i grunted in reply. it was way too early to be getting up, especially for a saturday morning. if it weren't for this photo shoot i'd been called to step in for last minute, i'd be happily dreaming in bed.

"can i make you some coffee?" she offered, amused at my lack of energy. i nodded gratefully and squeezed my eyes shut, as though that'd give me a few more seconds of sleep or something.

as lennon handed my my coffee, i sipped it quietly, sitting up and waiting for the caffeine to kick in. "this is the quietest i've ever heard you," joked lennon. i shot a glare at her over the rim of my mug.

"hey, speaking of quiet," i laughed, "tiktok boy vinnie told me i was quiet in person."

"you haven't been showing him the real you then," lennon teased, mockingly adding with puppy dog eyes, "does he make you nervous?"

i rolled my eyes. "oh please. he's the last person i'd be intimidated by."

she shrugged, unimpressed. "keep me updated on him. i'm intrigued by this kid."

"i will." pulling out my phone, i checked the time and answered a few texts. my manager was letting me know some more details on when i needed to get to the photoshoot, and i was hoping i'd have enough time to go have fun around la while i was in between meetings and shoots.

 my manager was letting me know some more details on when i needed to get to the photoshoot, and i was hoping i'd have enough time to go have fun around la while i was in between meetings and shoots

8:46 AM

Maisy, I'm going to meet you
in my office at 3 this afternoon,
does that sound okay?

i think so

i've got an in-person audition
callback at what time, again?

4:45 PM today

ok thanks got it

Are you on your way to the
shoot already?

wait what time do i have to
be there? i thought it was 9:30

No! You need to be at hair and
makeup by 9:15.

oh my gosh i'm so sorry
you did tell me that before and
i forgot

Better get going soon...

No big deal, just hope for
not too much traffic 😊

yes i'm leaving right now
sorry again

"lennon!" i jumped off the stool, freaking out. "i'm supposed to be at my photo shoot in half an hour." i cursed, knowing it was my fault and already imagining how terrible it'd be if i was late with no real excuse.

lennon got mad, scolding me for being irresponsible and shoved me out the door. i barely had time to grab all my things before getting in the car, and in no time, we were on the road. thank God the traffic wasn't too terrible, but we made it to the photoshoot studio only 9 minutes late. i hurriedly thanked lennon for the ride and rushed inside. it was bad etiquette to show up to a photoshoot, as though you didn't care for the photographer and everyone else and they could wait and start when you decided to show up.

upon arrival, i apologized profusely to the lady who was overseeing the photoshoot. she was gracious and pointed me in the direction of hair and makeup. she said we'd get started as soon as i was finished getting ready.

as i started down the hallway to the makeup room, breathing a sigh of relief, my heart stopped. walking down the hallway out of the dressing room was none other than THE vinnie hacker.

well, crap.

i ducked my head down, pretending to be fascinated by something on my phone as he passed by me. as he disappeared into another room, i made sure he hadn't seen me. it didn't seem like he had. my heart was racing. what was he doing here? he was the last person i expected or nor wanted to see, especially here, right now.

by the time i got into the makeup room, the stylists were waiting for me, and i apologized again for my lateness, but my mind was preoccupied by the dilemma i was now facing: what exactly to do about my predicament.

desperately, i hoped i was just overreacting. maybe he had just had a photoshoot here and was leaving. maybe he had left something here from a photoshoot before and was collecting it back. heck, maybe he was just stopping because his mom worked here and he wanted to say hi. maybe it even it wasn't vinnie hacker...just some random curly-haired red head who happened to look exactly like him.

unfortunately, those weren't very likely.

i thought of one last possible option.

"how many photoshoots are happening in this studio right now?" i asked my makeup artist casually. she gave me a confused look.

"just one."

well, that made everything clear.

i was about to have a photoshoot with vinnie hacker, the famous tiktok f-boy model...who also happened to go to my school and didn't know that i was maisy stella, not just a quiet unknown girl from his chemistry class.

here's to hoping i don't die.

✍︎ ALLY'S NOTE

vinnie yesterday 😭