Chapter 4 || Kusuo's POV

Start from the beginning

"Y-uh, yes, how did you know?"

"Shh, they're bonding," whispered Nendou. Nobody should have heard it accept Kaidou. I accidentally glanced at them, slightly offended. I didn't bond with anyone. I didn't even want to be here. What a pain.

"Wishful thinking," Y/n finally answered. We followed her to the shop.

"Think I could get a job here?" She asked, eyeing the "We're hiring!" sign. I gulped. Yes, she could get the job, but I didn't want her to. I'd made a mistake by telling her I went here, because now they knew my hiding spot.

Kaidou blurted, "You're definitely pretty enough." All four of us cringed. I opened the door for her, but she reached up to grab the handle. Our hands touched and an electric pulse zipped through my body. From the look on her face, she had got one, too. She must be different, my impulses told me. I heard a This guy has to have powers.

I must have been imagining things. Y/n suddenly lurched forward. Nendou inturrupted, "I wonder if they have ramen." While him and Kaidou raced to a seat, I followed Y/n to a corner booth. I needed to ask her something, but I wasn't sure how.

I picked up a menu and cleared my throat. "The whipped cream here is good, too. The price is worth it." My eyes grazed the menu until I found the beautiful coffee jelly I was looking for. Y/n nodded. the waitress came and we ordered.

"Where are you from?" I spoke up, looking for emotion in her eyes.

"I'm uh... just Hirajuki. It's a smaller area, you probably don't know it." You're right. I don't. My mind searched knowledge of the presence of Hirajuki, Japan, but found none. She was lying. I was shocked, but hid it. I needed more evidence. Why was she lying to me?

"Why did you move here?"

"Oh, you know... family job offer. My father moves frequently." Her eyes gave nothing away. Her expression was as blank as Kaidou's list of super powers. I almost scoffed. The old family excuse wouldn't work with me; did she think I was stupid? I leaned forward, persisting.

"I know you're lying." Her breath paused. I was right.

"W-what do you mean?" She stuttered. I could see the color dull from her face.

"I think you know what I mean." I leaned back and pulled off my glove. I guess I would have to bring out the gift of psychometry.

"I.. don't know what you mean." Her expression was empty, again. Clearly she was good at hiding someone. If she wouldn't comply, I would have to see myself. What if she was a threat to society? It's not like I cared about people here, but one little effect could change my whole life, and I didn't like change. I leaned forwards and grabbed her arm. The same shock zipped through me, but a world of secrets made itself known. My arm retracted back, as if some force disallowed me to continue... odd.

"What the hell!" she hissed, pulling her arm back and hiding it under the table. She looked at me like I was the freak, but clearly I wasn't the only one.

"You'e not who you say you are, are you, Y/n?" I asked. I leaned forward and gazed into her dark eyes. They were dark with secrets and mysteries.

"or, would you rather Kaiyato Hinashi?"

Her eyes widened and I knew I'd hit the spot. I sat back, somewhat satistfied. Why had she changed her name? All I could see from the psychometry was a troubled life... chaos, a lazy father. Not the daddy-issues type, though; her family seemed loving. Something was different but I just couldn't place it. And that was the problem.

"Here you guys are," said a waitress, drpping off two cups of coffee jelly. I observed Y/n. She'd jumped when the waitress appeared. She must be in a really vulnerable and  paranoid position right now. What will it take to learn her secrets?

She swiped a cup and held it protectively, seeming to be in no mood to eat.

"There's my buddies!" Yelled Nendou, sliding in next to Y/n. Her jelly wobbled when he bumped her. "Soooo, how are you guys getting along?"

A cold sweat coated Y/n. I glanced at her, and she looked strange. Not so much as terrified, but maybe intimidated by me.

"Are you gonna eat that?" asked Nendou when nobody answered. Kaidou glared at him, mad for taking a seat next to Y/n.

I wanted to sit next to her. He complained. Kaidou eyed my jelly so I scooted closer to the window, taking my coffee jelly with me. Nendou shoveled the coffee jelly into his mouth. Y/n hadn't even answered. I felt a slight ping of disappointment from within her, but she said nothing.

She didn't seem to give anything away. Just who is Y/n?

. . . . . . .

A/N: tysm for reading! remember to leave a vote and comments!! I love hearing feedback from yall. Here's your chapter saiki pic:

 Here's your chapter saiki pic: