Chapter 26: Visitor in the Parlor

Start from the beginning

"Yours was the last one. I need to be leaving now, unfortunately. (Y/N) would you be so kind as to walk me out?" She asked. I nodded, and after she said her goodbyes to the girls we went downstairs.

"Do you really have to go so soon," I asked as we left the building.

"No, of course not, I just wanted more time with you. Where should we go?" She asked.

"Well, I'm actually due with Aunt Josephine today. Usually I go on Friday nights but- I had some extra work. I don't think they'll miss me," I said, looking up at the windows.

She laughed, and we began our walk to Aunt Jo's.

"So this- Aunt Josephine. Is she your aunt?" She asked.

"No, she's the aunt of Diana's father, but she loves most of us, and Cole lives with her now, so I go visit every weekend," I explained. She nodded, and we made our way up the steps.

"She lives here?" She asked, mouth open in shock.

"Mhm," I said with a grin.

We knocked on the door, and Cole answered.

"I told you she was coming!" He yelled back, at who I could only assume was Aunt Josephine.

"Oh? Miss Stacy?" He asked, surprised to see her. She nodded awkwardly.

"Come in you two," he said, giving me a small smirk. I'd told him about the kiss we'd shared.

I watched Muriel observe everything, in awe of the house.

"(Y/N)? We were surprised you didn't come yesterday and- oh? Who's this?" She asked, smiling at Miss Stacy.

"Muriel Stacy, (Y/N)'s former teacher," she said, smiling.

"Stacy? Oh, oh I see," Aunt Jo smirked at me too. I went red.

"Anything you need you can ask Rollings for," She told her, and Rollings did a small bow.

"I just wanted to say you have a very beautiful home," Muriel admired.

"I get that a lot," she replied, winking. We all laughed.

"Upstairs?" I whispered to her. She furrowed her eyebrows, nodding.

I led her up the stairs, going into the bedroom I always stayed in.

"(Y/N) did you tell them about us because-"

"Aunt Josephine never married. She lived with her "good friend" her entire life. And Cole? He's the same way," I explained to her. Realization hit her.

"Oh. Well then, nevermind," she said, laughing and sitting on the chair.

I reached for her hand, guiding her to the bed.

"I love you," I whispered.

She kissed me again, and we got lost in each other, hands everywhere and mouths never letting go.

I felt the prick of her tongue in my mouth, and moaned slightly, reciprocating the action.

"Muriel..." I muttered, and she undid a few buttons on the back of my shirt, moving the collar down and kissing my neck.

It was a sensation I'd never felt before. It was a pleasurable tingling feel. I let her name escape my mouth again.

After a while she pulled away, smiling at me.

I repeated the action, unbuttoning her shirt and kissing her neck.

I kissed and licked, not able to get enough of her sweet scent and taste.

"(Y/N)..."

I felt my heart skip beats.

"Oh Muriel," I said, cupping her cheeks.

She smiled softly, kissing my palms.

"I wish I could marry you," I said softly, admiring her eyes.

She nodded, smiling sadly.

"What time is it?" I said softly.

"Oh gosh, I really should be getting back. You'll continue to write though, won't you?" She said as we buttoned each other's shirts back up.

"I will. And I've been burning them, per your request," I said. She nodded, squeezing my hand.

"I really must be going, but I'll try and visit again soon. Until then, rest assured that you remain in my thoughts a great deal," she whispered. I nodded, kissing her gently and walking her out.

She thanked Aunt Jo for letting her stay, and then left.

I watched with tears in my eyes.

Cole embraced me.

I held onto him until she was out of sight.

"You really do love her, don't you?"