Chapter 3 || Y/n's POV

Start from the beginning

"You wanna go get ramen? I could go for some ramen right now." Nendou flicked a booger.

"We could head to my place- uh, secret base. I've got some wicked ninja training I need to practice for my ultimate battle with the Dark Reunion," said Kaidou, missing his kick at a rock and almost tripping.

"I could teach you some powers if you wanted." He chuckled deeply and stuck his hands in his pocket, as if trying to be mysterious. Oh God my hands are so sweaty ahh my palms are soaked!! His inner thoughts screamed. I cringed. I couldn't read Nendou's, but obviously he was too dumb to have the powers that tried to read me earlier today.

"No, thanks. I'm just going to head to town now, so you-" I started, brushing my bangs out of my eyes. Everyone else had left me alone, so why couldn't these guys?

"Oi, Saiki!!" shouted Kaidou. I stopped walking and looked over my shoulder. A guy with flaming pink hair was gritting his teeth. With my enhanced hearing, I could hear him muttering a "Good grief," under his breath.

The boys invited him to walk. I assumed they would leave me alone now, but they'd only added on. What a burden.

"Hey, Saiki, meet my buddy, Y/n." Nendou patted me on the back and I almost fell forward. Were these guys really so desperate for friends that they had to harass the new, quiet, poor girl?

She's really pretty, ahh~ sh-should I try to hold her hand???

I glanced beside me to see a tomato-faced Kaidou. He looking like cotton candy with his blue hair and pink face. He pulled his clammy hand out of his pocket and dropped it, slowly creeping towards-

My eyes widened. "Uhh, I should get going." I stared at the ground and pushed away from them, but they kept trailing me. I sighed and let them catch up, figuring they wouldn't leave me alone anyways.

"I'm Kusuo Saiki," said the pink haired boy. I was surprised I was just now learning his name. He had been in my classes, but never really talked. I had saw Nendou and them talking, but they never introduced him to me before. I also caught him looking at me a lot. His eyes betrayed nothing as he gave me a polite bow. I returned the greeting. "Y/n." I said. Soon we reached town. My stomach was growling.

"Want some ramen, Y/n? Your stomach is kind of loud." Nendou bent down and stuck his face in my personal bubble. I jumped at the hideous sight.

"Actually, i was thinking more of..." I turned my head to see Saiki eyeing a sweets shop.

"Have you been there?" I asked. He perked up, looking at me. "Yeah, they have my favorite dessert."

I almost smiled. The tough guy's face lit up when he said those words.

"Coffee jelly?" I asked, hopeful. His eyes grew wide.

"Y-uh, yes, how'd you know?" The morons peeped into my view, watching our conversation. "Shh, they're bonding," whispered Nendou to Kaidou when he almost said something. You could have only heard it from where I was at if you'd had super hearing.

Saiki turned towards them, like bonding was a disgusting word. Wait- had he heard??

"Wishful thinking," I replied, like five seconds late. I turned to go to the shop. The others followed. A sign that said "We're Hiring!" was taped onto the glass window.

"Think I can get a job here?" I asked out loud. Kaidou blurted, "You're definitely pretty enough."

Our heads whipped towards him. I was pretty much as tall as him, so that was bold. I pretended like I hadn't heard, though, and let Saiki open the door for me. My hands grazed door bar on impulse and made contact with his hand.