Lucy LeStrange

The world always seemed to move so slowly around little Lucy. At her brother Edvards wedding, the flowers fell from the trees in slow motion. Lucy found her self closing her eyes, spreading her arms, and twirling with them. "Lucy, make haste!" her sister Evangeline called. Suddenly the flowers stopped swirling and dropped to the ground. She sighed and made her way into the church. She sat in the pew and watched her brother Edvard, and new sister, Emily, exchange vows. She smiled and stared at them exchanging rings and sharing a kiss. One day, one day, that would be her.
"Little Lucy! You best make a move on or we will miss the wedding luncheon!" her Mama hastened her. She had not realized the service was over and everyone began piling out the doors. "Little Lucy," she thought. "I do not know why they insist on calling me as such. I am no longer an infant." Her two and twenty years were barely shown in her face. Her complection was white like snow and her eyes were as grey as a rainy day. She smoothed her pink tooled dress and strolled to the carriage with her Mama and Papa. Edvard was her older brother, Evangeline next, and she, the third child of Mr. and Mrs. Edvard LeStrange. Her brother Edvard was a Jr. and hated the comparison with his father. Her Mama was brave, and sweet as honey. Eluise Lucy LeStrange was the daughter of an Earl, and heiress to the LeStrange fortune. Eluise LeStrange's father was a self-made man and prided himself on building such a vast fortune. He owned almost the entire town of Norwich.

Being an heiress meant nothing to Lucy. She did not fancy herself above another and fixed herself embarrassed of her family fortune. No one bothered to see her for who she really was. Except for Edvard. She was spoiled in his eyes. Not her father, no. He could not care less about her. But her brother Edvard, to him, she was the moon and the sun.