🔺 Chapter 28🔻

Start from the beginning

"That's exactly why I'm here and the reason I'm going to Lagos"

"What happened? Has she caused trouble?" "Mom, Dad, have your seat"

His mother sat down but his father shook his head looking at his wrist watch, "You know how I hate entering into Thermodynamics class very late" "Joko now" his wife tugged at his trousers.

"Joko (sit)" she whispered with pleading eyes and he did. "Please be fast about it"

"Mom, Dad, this is going to be heartbroken, quite honestly I'll prefer not to tell you but you two deserve to know that...." He paused running his hands through his hair then he turned his back at shutting his eyes in tears.

"Adetutu is gone" he announced turning to the see the shock on his parent's face. "Gone bawo? As in gone to another country?" His mother rose moving close to him and he shook his head.

"She was killed by some ritualist, she's dead"

7: 14 am

Osifo turned in bed and Morenike who was wearing a wine lipstick turned back at her. "Finally, he wakes up!" She announced chuckling to herself.

"What's the time?"

"And it's time to leave for work and you're late already" she pressed her lips together, admiring herself in the mirror. "Why didn't you wake me up, I forgot to set up an alarm"

Morenike scoffed, "Because I know how your body reacts to solid food. What did you eat? Fufu and groundnut soup or it is owo soup and starch?" She asked and he smiled knowing she woke up on a good side.

"Groundnut soup"

"You know, I'll never understand you Bini people and your soups, groundnut should be left inside garri or merged with bread, or inside mixed flour as peanut and starch should be left alone for clothes and not eaten with soup"

"Beans should also be left to be eaten with bread and as beans alone not gbegiri" he answered and they both chuckled. "So you ate bread and groundnut"

"I tried it during my school days" she smiled and he chuckled, "Ajebo like you" "I had a taste of it, it wasn't bad" she replied and he smiled.

"What?"

"I just wish you can remain this way forever"

Morenike laughed, "What way?" "Like a sweetheart, not the evil boss" "Did Avia change her perfume? You smelled different when you got back."

Osifo raised his brow quite surprised she noticed, he thought she never noticed anything. How in the world does she know Avia's smell? This woman ehn! He cleared his throat, "I had to drop one of her neighbors at the mall"

"Ohkay. Not like I'm bothered anyway so...." She trailed off picking her handbag, "See in at the office dear"

"You too" he answered, "Not even a kiss? My fine wine" He called and she chuckled, "Are you sure I'm your fine wine? Aren't I always annoying"

"Wine taste sour sometimes, but I still love it" he answered and she chuckled, blowing kisses at him then she walked out of the room.

Osifo pulled his phone closer to himself. He instantly had a flash back of Tiffany inputting her contact.

7: 25 am

Osas watched Osaze make some calls, while some cameramen set up the lighting in the house.
"If I can have your support, I'll be more than happy. All I just want is the press standing at the police station when Chief gets arrested and when he comes out. I'm giving you a scoff, I'm sure everyone will be flipping through the papers to read it. I want the news printed on your newspapers Magarette. I'll have the article i typed emailed to you today"