S i x

There's a feeling in the air that I can't yet describe. Something is itching at the back of my skull but I can't seem to figure out what or why. The people at the bar seem less talkative, nobody is laughing over a simple comment, and I don't know if it is just me or if something is going on.

Grabbing a rag, I clean the liquor spills off of the counter in a circle motion and hum a song that has been bothering me all day. A couple of people drink some and a few dance to the live music. Today is a decently full day and the boss gave me a double shift which I am pretty disturbed about; meaning I don't get home 'till two. With a slight scowl on my face, I take the order of another drinker as he is halfway smashed already. I look to the counter at his three beers. Lightweight he must be.

A person enters the room and the aura of the nature only slightly changes. He wears a dark jacket on, black skinny jeans and a thin cigarette hanging from his lips. I watch as some of the women stare at him for longer than is acceptable and some men as well. He walks in with an attitude that makes him seem as if he doesn't give a fuck. He sees the no smoking sign and with a simple movement he extinguishes it and throws it in a nearby trashcan.

My breath hitches as he walks over to the counter and sits on a stool, spinning halfway on it so that one side of his unshaven jet black beard is facing me and the other to the drunken people. 

"Two tequila shots," He says out of nowhere and I immediately recongnize that his voice isn't from here. It sounds British but I cannot pinpoint from exactly which area in Britain since I have, sadly, never been there.

"Coming right up," I say with fake confidence and prepare the drink for him. It is a little hard on but he looks like the type of person who could take it. 

"I want two more after I finish these," He motions to the two I just placed in front of them and looks up at me with demanding eyes. I nod and turn back around to act like I am doing work when in reality I am trying to control myself to not just leave this damned job.

I sigh and luckily the live music is better than usual tonight so I try concentrating on that. Brandy is in here too but  Niall hasn't come in all day. I assume he is sick and already told the boss or something, I'll have to check in with him later. 

I do as the man with the jacket said and hand him another two. Once I put them down he throws some money on the counter and looks completely at the people. Minutes later someone else comes in and with a swift look up, my eyes widen as I watch the same man from yesterday on the streets come in. Today he is wearing black skinny jeans and an all black shirt. Is there some trend or something I am missing?

He looks around the bar with squinted eyes and they glance over me and keep eye contact for a second. I notice the corners of only one side of his lip go up and he brushes a part of his fringe out of his eyes. This shows of his bright blue eyes, and it reminds me of the earlier man with the jacket. I look to him out of the corner of my eye and I watch him do a small movement with his head as he faces the new comer and the new guy looks up at me once more before turning back and going to the man in the jacket. 

He licks his lips, and his brown eyes flicker to mine as well before he motions the other person towards him and he complies. "Louis." The man with the jacket acknowledges the other man which has his name now revealed. 

"Zayn," Louis says quietly and he sits down on a seat beside him. He sits facing the bar and he motions me over towards him. My eyes widen at the odd scene that happened before me even though it wasn't not average.

I walk over with small steps, and even though it is me controlling everything I am doing, I still question as to why I am so nervous about these people. But in the midst of this I can't understand why and I leave it for a topic to think over some other time.

"I'll have just a glass of whisky please, love," He smiles and I stutter out a response from the toad in my throat.

"S-sure," I cough awkwardly into my shoulder and he tilts his head a bit to the side. "I'll be right back with that." He nods and eyes me from the corner of his eye before talking to Zayn about an unknown subject. 

I get the bottle of whisky and some other people enter but luckily Ruth has returned from the bathroom and handles their orders. She is practically a pro at this having worked here much longer than I and so I just leave her to do her torturing work. I put it into the glass and walk over with long steps. I place it in front of him and I make sure he acknowledges it so that he knows it is there. He looks at it and nods at me with a warm smile that calms me down. And in a way, it makes me think of Harry and his smiles. I haven't talked to him since the day at the liquor store and I would except I have no ideas where he lives. 

I hear someone groan next to me and I tense up until I realize it is Brandy. "Tough day?" She asks and drops the notepad onto the table.

"You could say that," I mutter.

"Why? Is it the Harry thing? Because I saw him enter earlier," My head insantly goes up when she says that and I look around the room. "I didn't know if it was important enough to tell you though so I didn't mention it." She speaks rapidly and watches as some more strangers ask Ruth for drinks and the rumble of the acoustic guitar plays by the singer.

"No it's fine. Have you seen him anymore?" I ask and bite the inside of my cheek She shakes her head and my shoulders deflate but I shake it off.

"Earlier I did but I tried looking for him again and he was gone. Might've gone to the bathroom or left already. I don't think he saw you or else he would've said something." She shrugs her shoulders and picks the notepad back up. "I'll talk to you later though. I gotta take more orderrrs." She sing songs and saunters off towards some young looking people.

I take one last look around the bar but then I look down in defeat. If I would've seen him I could've asked for some form of contact. Then I remember where I am, this is work where I am supposed to serve and so I decide to go check if Louis and Zayn are still there and possibly get a few extra tips from them. But I realize I am too late as I watch them exit the bar and see some more money thrown carelessly on the counter and another amount stashed there neatly.

This whole Louis thing has me like
  _ 
    \(^.^)_
          |/
          |
        /\

#imgayitsprettyunfortunate

Please vote, share, and comment. Possibly fan? I love you guys!