Chijioke got to Enugu with his disheveled appearance and bloodied face. His aunt and mother scolded him for minutes for being irresponsible but all they said never stuck to him . He managed to pull Nnamdi aside and revealed the truth to him . Nnamdi seemed as shocked as he had been when the doctor revealed the result of the test.

"Are you going to tell Obanma ? What about Ngozi ? " Nnamdi enquired as he heaved a sigh

"I can't say anything to them"

"Ngozi might remember sooner or later "

"I think it'll be best if she is the one who reveals this ugly truth "

"What about Onyedikachi? How..."

"He left ,he's gone "

Nnamdi managed to stare at Obanma who held his son to her bosom while she played with him and made faces at the baby. He felt sad looking at her and picturing how devastated she would become when Onyedikachi finally calls off their engagement.

"It is for the best Chijioke"

Chijioke nodded swiftly and walked away leaving his uncle with a dreaded secret.

Onyedikachi hadn't called Obanma for days much to her worry . The times she called she met no response and her texts were unanswered. Her exams were by the corner yet her mind was lost in an endless labrynth of worry. Terrifying scenarios played out in her mind and her only confidant had been kelechi.

Kelechi had revealed to her about her sudden relationship with one of the lecturers in their department who was interested in her.

Obanma had been worried as to how disastrous the news would be when ever it comes to light . Kelechi had assured her of their discretion and how the man was only interested in her hand .

She too had once been certain of everything before Onyedikachi went silent on her. Had he been kidnapped?

As days crept into weeks and slowly into a month Obanma decided that she had taken enough of the insanity.
She had become depressed and Kelechi had complained of her poor eating habits.

How she managed to study and write her exams was a mystery to her and she knew she was losing herself to sadness.

The final day of the semester exam came and they finished earlier than usual as the time was scheduled to be in the morning . She left the exam hall as soon as her papers were submitted and barely acknowledged any of her classmates .

Chukwuemeka and Chukwuebuka were the only visitors that came knocking. Kelechi had somehow stalled in returning to the lodge while Obanma busied herself with a movie .

Obanma ushered the twins in, they came bearing gifts including a plate of ice cream which they maintained was for her health. Kelechi had told them she was ill and had also mentioned her eating habits,leaving the main issue out which was what Obanma believed saved her roommate's neck.

She ate the ice cream slowly while the twins bickered as usual. She couldn't help but smile to certain words they spewed about the school life.

"Mom would like to know if you're going to be available for the birthday party. The driver is coming to pick us up tomorrow"

Obanma stared blankly at the boys because she had forgotten about the invitation.

"I don't think I can make it , please send my apologies to your mom"

The twins had left in the evening while she wallowed in loneliness and fear.

Obanma thought of visiting the village just to ask if he had been there . But who would she ask? Would Chidiogo be willing to share such information?