Suddenly, someone is placing their hand on my shoulder. I look up and see Zalgo, but he isn’t looking back at me. His eyes are focused almost hungrily on Jamie’s pale form and it causes such a strong feeling of hatred to go through me. I stood, moving to stand in front of Jamie so he wouldn’t be able to lay his tainted gaze on my beautiful, dying girl. Zalgo looks at me and grabs my arm.

“Your wish. Are you sure that is what you want?” He asks simply.

I yank my arm from his grip. “What are you talking about?”

A smile tilts his lips up. “Your wish. Do you really wish for the roles to be reversed and for you to be lying on this very bed, dying, while Jamie stood over you, thinking of death and revenge? I can grant that for you but I need to be sure that is what you want. Choose wisely.”

“Wish? What do you mean?” I question, confused.

“Don’t you remember? I promised you three wishes for the three lives you’ve ruined. Coincidentally, Jamie’s was on that list.” His smile widened.

I swallow my rage at his statement. “I can save her?”

He nods. “Yes, I can save her. But, make it quick. Her life is fading.”

“Okay, uh,” I take a deep breath. “I wish Jamie and the baby will live.”

“That will cost two wishes.” Zalgo held up one finger.

I clench my fists. “What?”

If it’s even possible, his smile grows bigger. “The baby I can’t save with one wish. Only Jamie. Unless you want to trade your own life for the baby’s. Or use a second wish. Either works for me.” Zalgo holds out a hand to Jamie. “Choose quickly.”

“Jamie! Just save Jamie.”

He snaps his fingers, producing a sharp sound. Quietly, I hear someone start to sing a strange song in a different language. A little creeped out by the song and the voice singing it, I look around for the source but can’t find out who it is. The singer’s voice gets louder, causing a chill and a shudder to go through me. Fear builds in my chest and almost drives me to panic.

“It’s done. She’ll wake within the hour. You still have two wishes left. Choose wisely.” Zalgo turns and walks out of the infirmary past the others, who stand there watching in shock. As he walks away, I notice the singing fades. When he blinks out, the creepy singing voice goes with him.

Fear continues to take over me. I know now what I just did. I freed one of his mouths. Zalgo has seven mouths over his body but they can’t be seen in his disguise. A long time ago, all seven of his mouths were bound by a very powerful man that not even Slender knows about. Despite having no mouths, he convinced Slenderman to open one of his mouths. Now, I just opened the second.

A person having open mouths would normally be no problem, but with Zalgo, if all seven of his mouths open, the seventh will have the ability to sing the song that ends the world. Which, of course, we can’t let happen. I felt sick to my stomach. At that moment, I swore I would never use the other two of his wishes.

“Jeff!” Slender’s voice was like a punch to the brain. “Do you realize what you have just done?” He grabs me by the shoulders and jerks me around to face him.

“I had to!” I shout back, getting in his face. “I’m not about to let her die for me.”

“You put us all in danger for her? You are an idiot, Jeff! Death is natural even if it comes rarely to people like us. Which would you rather happen, save the life of one girl and risk the life of everything you know or let her die and save the life of everyone you know? If he gets free, everything can be destroyed and it would all be for one silly girl!”